Case Manager - Wellness
Case Manager - Wellness
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to quality, affordable education.
The Multi-Victimization Program is an exciting initiative to take an active role in addressing and combatting the effects of community violence. This grant-funded program provides support to students and community members impacted by crimes that result in complex trauma and mental health symptoms. This program provides education, case management, and other social service support to address victimization. Additionally, the program provides tools and training to extend support beyond the program’s reach. The overall vision is a network of community members who are informed about the impact crime, trauma, and victimization and equipped with tools to support their communities. This program is a one-year grant, renewable up to three years.
Reporting to the Program Director-Wellness, theCase Managersupports the functions and services of the Multi-Victimization program to address trauma and victimization, providing support to students enrolled at a specific college. by promoting a holistic plan of health and wellness initiatives for CCC students as well as prevention education, outreach, and training to community members on issues of trauma, victimization and community violence.
The Case Manager position focuses on providing trauma-informed education to community members and working with an assigned caseload of students who have experienced trauma and multiple victimizations. Performs related duties as required.
- Conducts workshops and makes presentations for students, faculty, and staff on topics such as violence prevention/verbal de-escalation, healthy relationships, and veterans’ issues.
- Provides case management services to a diverse student and community population, with a focus on trauma and impact of violence.
- Conducts crisis and trauma assessment, and arranges referrals and care coordination services for those identified as needing additional support.
- Meets with walk-in clients to assess their immediate or emergency needs, and provides crisis consultation services as needed. Provides referrals to appropriate health and social service agencies for additional services as required.
- Provides short term consultation to educate individuals on identifying problems and potential strategies and skills to deal with issues of stressors, trauma, and the impact of violence.
- Works with the Continuing Education Department in developing and implementing off-campus community prevention education and training programming, with an emphasis on issues relating to trauma and multiple victimizations.
- Conducts screenings for violence, trauma, and related concerns.
- Maintains case records and data on services provided and creates reports evaluating the effectiveness of services.
- May supervise volunteers or interns.
Reports To Program Director-Wellness (Grant Funded)
Direct Supervision Volunteers or Interns
- Master’s degree in Social Work (M.S.W.); OR a Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., M.Ed.) in Counseling/Psychology or another clinical mental health field.
- Must be currently licensed by the State of Illinois as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or a Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
- At least one year of experience in a community health/mental health setting.
- Experience developing and conducting prevention, education, health, and/or mental health programs; a particular emphasis on trauma or impact of community violence.
- Experience in case management with a working knowledge of Chicago service providers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with and relate to a culturally diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago