Online Engagement and Events Program Manager
The University of Colorado Boulder's Alumni Association encourages applications for an Online Engagement and Events Program Manager! This position reports to the Associate Director of Events and Outreach at the Alumni Association and is responsible for supporting efforts to connect alumni to CU Boulder and to each other. As a non-dues organization the CU Boulder Alumni Association welcomes all students and alumni into the Forever Buffs family which is 300,000 strong. Through events and engagement efforts the Alumni Association is tasked with building lifelong relationships with alumni, as well as inspiring pride and affinity for CU Boulder to contribute to the overall advancement of the institution.
This position is specifically responsible for managing the online alumni community for the university, the Forever Buffs Network. This position will also be responsible for the planning and execution for the Alumni Association’s academic, recognition and campaign events, including CU Boulder Next. CU Boulder Next is the largest outreach initiative for the Division of Advancement and is designed to enhance the university’s reputation and demonstrate the value of a CU Boulder degree by showcasing the achievements and research at CU. This position will also support marketing and communication efforts and data collection/analytics as needed to support the programs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Alumni Association was created to inspire all current and future CU Boulder alumni to develop a lifelong relationship with the university and one another. Our goal is to cultivate pride in the university to increase the perceived value of a CU Boulder degree and build an engaged Forever Buffs community. We are committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive, community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to a socially just campus environment and providing meaningful opportunities through the CU network to help Forever Buffs advance their careers, connect with others and enrich their lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Events and Engagement Program Manager will be the lead platform administrator and drive the implementation, growth and engagement of the Forever Buffs Network. The Forever Buffs Network is a campus-wide online community that provides valuable opportunities for career transformation, professional development and mentorship for alumni, students, parents, recruiters and faculty/staff. As the platform administrator this role will be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day network responsibilities including, responding to comments/questions, approving users, answering FBN emails, interacting with other users on the platform, posting regularly and interacting with other’s posts by liking and/or commenting.
- Maintaining overall knowledge of the platform by serving as the primary liaison with Graduway to troubleshoot platform problems, help roll-out platform updates and train staff.
- Provide guidance on platform brand and ensure that graphics and use of network tools (widgets, resources, jobs board, mentoring, etc.) stays consistent, relevant and vibrant. Responsible for the distribution of a bimonthly network digest newsletter.
- Managing relationships with cross campus partners which includes collecting and distributing platform metrics, marketing plans, and future platform feature rollouts.
- Assisting with high-level presentations and program roll-outs within the platform and other duties to support the adoption and build awareness of the Forever Buffs Network.
- Developing, managing, and scheduling created content to be posted on the Network.
- Brainstorming solutions to help with returning users, exclusive programming, etc. to create a flourishing professional development/career community for students and alumni alike.
- Contributing to the growth and engagement strategic direction and vision to ensure the platform becomes a central hub for the Forever Buffs community.
- Additionally, this position will supervise program development and growth in virtual spaces/online engagement and proactively benchmark and share/implement findings of top online alumni engagement resources (i.e. webinars, podcasts, online book clubs, apps, etc.).
Academic, Alumni Recognition and Campaign Events
In an effort to build an engaged Forever Buffs community and deepen relationships with our alumni, the program manager will be responsible for planning and executing the Alumni Association’s significant events that showcase the institution and the Forever Buffs alumni community. Planned events currently include CU Boulder Next and the annual Alumni Awards Ceremony.
Specific duties include:
- Managing all event logistics including:
- Procurement, materials acquisition and management, event staffing, hotel and event space coordination, hospitality preparation and coordination, travel coordination, speaker and attendee support and coordination and pre-event preparations.
- Identifying and finalizing future event dates and venues for the program.
- Managing all expenses and income to achieve budget.
- Managing vendor relationships and contract brokerage for each event.
- Specifically for the Alumni Awards, this position will support the nominations and selection process and communications with award winners to ensure a quality and celebratory experience for award winners, their families and the campus community.
Marketing and Communications
- This position will work in Salesforce, CVENT and Marketing Cloud and in coordination with the Advancement Marketing and Communications team to support appropriate Tier 2 and Tier 3 marketing projects as needed. This includes the creation of marketing plans and building of emails to market events to identified target audiences. In this role, the program manager is responsible for gathering copy and images and working within existing processes to get communications out in a timely manner. This will require a strong working relationship and coordination with the Advancement Marketing team that manages the Alumni Associations social channels and marketing of Tier 1 projects.
- Responsible for collecting, compiling and reporting metrics to identify trends and measure engagement to advise programming decisions for their events and online engagement activities.
- Supporting Alumni Association/Events & Outreach Team
- Supports the Associate Director of Events & Outreach, the E&O team and the Alumni Association as needed. Champions positive morale with colleagues and performs duties as assigned.
Supporting Alumni Association/Events & Outreach Team
- Supports the Assistant Director of Events & Outreach, the E&O team and the Alumni Association as needed. Fosters positive morale with colleagues and performs duties as assigned.
What You Should Know
- This position requires regular evening and weekend work.
- There is occasional travel both locally and out of state.
- This position may operate a University vehicle. A valid driver's license is preferred.
- This position routinely helps in event set-up and break-down and may be asked to lift up to 60 pounds.
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $43,000 - $50,500.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Talented. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of professional work experience in event planning, marketing or online community management.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Professional and thorough approach to work.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Online and digital engagement experience.
- Event planning experience.
- Marketing communications experience.
- This position works regularly with staff across campus and the university system to ensure initiatives are executed successfully and professionally. In conjunction with all events, this position is responsible for supervising all budgets, contract brokering, vendor relationships and event execution.
- Proven relationship management expertise.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Travel and evening/weekend work required.
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple priorities at a time.
What We Would Like You To Have
- CU Boulder graduate.
- Higher education/Alumni Association experience.
- Knowledge of SalesForce and Cvent.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 23, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder