Marketing and Communications Professional, Part-Time
The Marketing and Communications Professional is a 60%-time position ensuring that all program, marketing, and communications activities of the University of Colorado Law School are of the highest quality, consistent, and in accordance with communications priorities and branding standards. In collaboration with the Dean, school leadership, and the Director, this position will assist in the implementation of a comprehensive marketing communications strategy that regionally and nationally promotes Colorado Law's faculty, staff, students, centers, and programs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We are an engaged, diverse, and inclusive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who help one another succeed. Our selective admissions process keeps our student body small, enabling our faculty, staff, alumni, and community to invest deeply in each student’s success. Because we take our responsibility to educate and train future lawyers very seriously, our curriculum, research centers, and experiential learning opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in today’s changing legal environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Publications and Collateral
- Support the production of Amicus, the semi-annual alumni magazine, through all stages including planning, content, editing, production and distribution.
- Write magazine articles, profiles, brochure content and marketing collateral. Assist in drafting, editing, ordering and distributing brochures, event flyers, the admissions viewbook and event programs.
- Utilize the university style guide to ensure all publications are in compliance with recognized standards.
Email Marketing and Communications
- Manage email calendar and implement email marketing campaigns in cooperation with Advancement, Events and Community Learning Programs to support strategic goals.
- Track metrics to improve the efficacy and performance of marketing campaigns.
Website, Social Media and Video
- Write, update and maintain engaging website content, including articles, slideshows, call-to-action blocks and profiles.
- Build graphics to accompany social media posts, videos, events, and website stories. Implement social media strategies to craft engaging content for all social media platforms. Create and manage Facebook events.
- Track metrics related to website performance and social media reach.
- Assist with video conceptualization, storyboarding and interviewing.
Professional Development and Collaboration
- Coordinate with Director and Strategic Relations and Communications to submit news items to appropriate outlets and pitch story ideas for submission to news outlets.
- Connect with campus communicators and partners and attend communications meetings and trainings.
What You Should Know
This is a part-time, 60% appointment. This position is benefits eligible with the flexibility to work in a hybrid capacity (both remotely and on-campus).
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this part-time 60% appointment is $30,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or similar field and two years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Communication skills including research, writing, and editing. Project management skills and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to adapt quickly to many different management/work styles and respond constructively to feedback.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and social media strategy.
- Ability to dive into projects, creating and implementing plans. Adapt readily to changing priorities and propose and implement solutions when problems arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Three years of professional experience in marketing communications and the design of publications.
- Experience utilizing graphic design programs, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience utilizing targeted email marketing programs such as Pardot. Experience with CRM software, including Salesforce.
- Experience with website editing platforms, such as Drupal. Photography and video experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Experience in a university setting is a plus.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 10th, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu