Manager Student Call Center
Manager Student Call Center
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedManager Student Call Center.
Supervise, train and assist financial aid and veteran affairs call center staff in fielding calls from students and parents that require assistance to successfully complete the process of applying for financial aid and veteran benefits. Hire, train, and prepare Student Call Center team members to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services to students and parents in the areas of Financial Aid, Admissions, Student and Enrollment Services and Veterans Services. Ensure team members understand and comply with all Student Call Center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Student Call Center, ensuring processes are running smoothly and that the calls are being handled effectively, expediently and according to department and Collin policies and procedures. This includes spot checking calls to ensure they are being handled appropriately.
- Receive transferred calls from staff members when unusual or difficult issues or circumstances are encountered with students or parents.
- Provide on-going training, guidance, mentoring, feedback and motivation to staff to ensure competent performance while adhering to department and Collin policies and procedures with the end goal of ensuring that students are served well and that the college is represented in the best way possible, while promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Minimize call escalation through effective coaching, support, training and understanding of departmental procedures to maximize utilization of resources.
- Oversee and assist in resolving student complaints. Forward or escalate to appropriate management personnel when unable to resolve at their level. Resolve problems with employees when possible. Forward or escalate to the director as necessary.
- Improve team performance by monitoring real-time data and reports, identifying and implementing work efficiencies through process improvement techniques.
- Manage Student Call Center staff with regards to scheduling, monitoring attendance and leave requests, ensuring accuracy of hours worked and adherence to department and Collin policies and procedures.
- Identify individual and group training needs and work with management team to develop the best approach for implementation and improvement.
- Oversee and supplement training of new hires, ensuring full understanding of department and Collin policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience required.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Banner software
- Knowledge of GlobalCore financial aid software
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state financial aid and veterans’ affairs regulations and Collin College policies and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of admission requirements and student enrollment procedures
- Knowledge of Cisco agent phone system including reporting function
- Knowledge of call center administration
- Knowledge of TimeClock Manager
- Knowledge of Collin College HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of all associated financial aid, admissions, student enrollment and veterans’ benefits websites
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Ability to research
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney