Academic Facilities Spec Sr (68339BR) - W. P. Carey School of Business at ASU
Job DescriptionThe W. P. Carey School of Business Dean’s Office is seeking an energetic, personable, and service-oriented individual to join its Facilities team. Under general supervision, this position will manage facilities and classroom technology functions in a complex academic unit or department with significant research and instructional emphasis including, but not limited to: overseeing and processing daily maintenance, painting, repair and installation requests for a large building complex; issuing keys and activating other access requirements for all occupants; assisting with space assignments and updating databases; processing office and classroom furniture, hardware and classroom technology equipment-related orders; monitoring facilities budget; assisting with general renovation projects; and supervising staff and student workers; and other functions as designated by unit administrator.
Provides support to users of classroom technology hardware, software and information technology tools. Work typically involves a combination of providing expert advice, troubleshooting and installation of one or more software and hardware products, administering and maintaining shared-use systems, communicating with users and user groups on technology topics, providing instruction, and evaluating, recommending, and installing technological solutions to new problems or situations.
- Works closely with unit and university administration to coordinate all departmental facilities activities to ensure adherence with college and university policies, practices and regulations
- Researches building database for available space and coordinates room assignments for all incoming graduate students, as well as for new postdoctoral hires and undergraduate teaching assistants; resolves issues with space assignments as appropriate/needed
- Issues keys, assigns combination lock codes, and sets up ISAAC access for all occupants; maintains all confidential information in an appropriate database
- Works with ASU Police to provide documentation of lost keys
- Maintains security levels by frequent follow-up on key returns and removal of ISAAC codes and access levels when no longer needed
- Monitors facilities budget and reconciles expenses and work orders; reviews requests for services, classroom technology, equipment-related supplies, and furniture purchases and processes financial documents; obtains quotes and information required for the ordering process
- Assists with renovation projects and classroom technology. hardware installations; obtains quotes and information required for the specific projects, involving furniture, classroom technology equipment, carpeting, window coverings, painting, and moving services; processes financial documents for ordering, when needed
- Participates in a variety of departmental and university-wide meetings to represent unit's interests in the area of facilities and classroom maintenance and to ensure an integrative/collaborative support of university interests
- Works closely with unit administrator and other designated individuals to resolve any issues regarding space assignments and access
- Reports building maintenance problems and related issues to FACMAN and coordinates repairs and resolution
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned facilities staff and/or student workers
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs
- Other duties, as assigned
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND five (5) years of related experience three (3) of which include supervisory experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working in a high-volume, service focused environment
- Strong customer service skills; team work
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic facilities practices, regulations and standards
- Experience with classroom audio visual equipment installation, integration, software, network protocols and control systems (Crestron, AMX)
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of relevant classroom technology tools sufficient to operate, install, answer customer questions about use, to recommend configurations to meet specific needs, and to solve a wide variety of troubleshooting problems
- Experience using: Student information computer system (i.e. PeopleSoft)
- Organizational experience while prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and service-focused environment; detail-oriented
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience in identifying and resolving problems with computer hardware and software
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, administration and others
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities, sensitive/confidential information and short deadlines
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (50%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%) Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to and over 50 pounds (25%) Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and movement of the whole body, such as required in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Ability to work off scissor lift, aerial lift, and ladder. May be exposed to loud noises, fumes, confined spaces, and/or weather/temperature extremes while on or traveling to/from various job sites. Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary and serve on an on-call rotation. Valid driver's license required.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher
education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence,
entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American
University is a single, unified institution comprising four
differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social,
cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its
research is inspired by real world application blurring the
boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU
serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona,
the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and
cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and
more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu