The Data Analyst handles the development, maintenance and analysis of data sent through marketing channels and third-party applications/add-ons for the College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) to support its outreach and programs. The Analyst will be reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications, and Outreach and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director of Data and Digital Services.
This position works on day-to-day related tasks, as well as long-term planning and strategy for data improvement. The Data Analyst is largely responsible for the maintenance of CPGE email applications (such as Pardot and Marketo) and customer relationship management system to ensure data quality, marketing outcomes and end user support. This position develops the configuration of the Pardot emails and communication plans, CRM modules, workflow, forms, fields, views, reports, and dashboards and the daily maintenance of systems related to the marketing and communications of CPGE messages and campaigns.
- Gather, identify, and analyze program data to incorporate into the marketing and data software
- Monitor data quality, data migration, and data integration, including data accuracy and completeness across accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc.
- Develop the creation of long-term strategic goals for high data quality and appropriate data use
- Provide data reports, dashboards and analyses to program and marketing staff
- Automate data capture and customize inputs, such as custom URLs and landing pages
- Develop the setup of inquiry form and lead and case assignments
- Configure and maintain the automated communication in various mediums
- Gather and generate campaign results and statistical reports
- Setup CRM architecture, and integration of SJSU databases for automated processes and applications
- Develop and implement functional tests for customized fields and objects, and maintain CRM for daily usage
- Configure security settings and automated processes
- Troubleshoot technical issues and devise immediate and long-term solutions
- Develop the system upgrade and new third-party applications/add-ons for improved or new
- Create detailed end user documentation and resources for internal and external staff
- Provide technical support to end users, diagnosing and resolving problems
- Develop end user training material and provide training for key users with varying skill levels
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge in CRM and other databases
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database and database structure
- Ability to analyze program needs and match with CRM and/or other databases abilities and/or third-party applications
- Ability to customize CRM workflow, forms, fields, modules, views, reports, and dashboards
- Familiarity in configuration and maintaining CRM user security roles and privileges
- Knowledge of system utilities, features, installation, and maintenance
- Knowledge of data integrity and able to performing data check and cleaning
- Knowledge of data administration principles and techniques
- Ability to analyze and research data and methods of access
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot system errors and interface malfunctions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate with vendor and IT to resolve issues
- Knowledge of campus systems and database
- Ability to integrate multiple applications and/or systems
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support
- Knowledge of training theory and practices demonstrated by an ability to develop and deliver technical training and user documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Understanding of marketing automation and communication
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Experience in Pardot/Salesforce CRM management (Salesforce Pardot certificate is preferred)
- Experience with troubleshooting system, process and data issues
- Experience with setting marketing automations and dynamic communication plans for different audience segments
- Experience creating system documentation and conducting user training
- Detail-oriented with good written communication skills (as evidenced by application materials)
- Three years of experience supporting information systems and technology.
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,833/month - $6,333/month
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: June 2, 2021 through June 16, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: June 02, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose