Assistant Equipment Manager in Athletics (10 month Academic Year)
Job Summary/Basic Function
Assists the head equipment manager by serving as the designated equipment manager for nineteen intercollegiate teams including Football, Wrestling, Baseball Field Hockey, Volleyball, M/W soccer, M/W Basketball, Swimming, Cross Country and Track & Field, Lacrosse, Softball, M/W Tennis, and M/W Golf. Serves an estimated 450 student athletes on a daily basis.
Highly regarded for its instructional quality and strong commitment to diversity, MU is a learner-focused institution located in historic Lancaster County, known for its excellent schools and vibrant arts community, and close to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington, and NYC . Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Starting hourly rate is $14.25 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at: www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
The proposed start date for this position is August 2, 2021.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Basic knowledge of athletic equipment repair.
- Knowledge of storeroom methods and procedures, transportation agencies and shipment methods.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to:
• keep detailed inventory records.
• lift and move heavy equipment.
• use industrial washer and dryer.
• maintain athletic equipment and identify repairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work with students, staff, and visitors of diverse cultures, racial and ethnic groups, and social, education, and economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks and pre-employment physical and back screen.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in college/university athletics setting.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville