Laboratory Administrative Assistant
Job Code/Title 81191 - H - Administrative Assistant GA 1 Position Number HU1467 Working Title Laboratory Administrative Assistant Department Medicines for All Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $10-$15; based on qualifications & experience Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Up to 29 hrs/wk Normal work days Monday - Friday; varies Normal work hours day shift Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
At Medicines for All (M4ALL), we combine academic ingenuity and industry practicality to improve access to safe, effective, and affordable medicines. We are inviting customer service driven individuals for the position of Laboratory Administrative Assistant.
Responsibilities include providing a broad range of administrative support for Medicines for All administrative and finance team including purchasing, receiving, vendor correspondence, requesting quotes and cost comparisons, and inventory contributions as well as other administrative and financial duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Possess a basic understanding of lab safety and chemicals"
• Strong skills in critical thinking, writing, organization, communication, and computer/internet usage.
• Must be an independent worker with maturity, good judgment, and customer service skills, able to organize and manage multiple activities at one time, detail oriented, and communicate professionally.
• The individual must be able to work their assigned schedule virtually and in person at the institute.
• Excellent telephone, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to serve as a team member and to continuously refine protocols and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU .
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to rapidly multi-task.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong problem and decision-making solving skills.
• Academic administrative experience is preferred.
Job Open Date 05/27/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106431 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please describe any relevant experience you have in providing
administrative support to cross functional teams:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document