Sr. Associate Athletic Director for External Relations
University Code 11416 University Title Senior Sports Program Director 3 University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Sr. Associate Athletic Director for External Relations Position Number 2011021PD Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Sr. Associate Athletic Director for External Relations is responsible for providing strategic guidance and oversight of all aspects of the external communications for VCU Athletics and its 17 intercollegiate sports. The Sr. Associate Athletic Director for External Relations drives the performance and results of the Communications, Marketing, and Ticketing Offices and acts as a brand champion, combining creativity, a growth-oriented mindset, and a comprehensive knowledge of communications strategy to advance the VCU Department of Athletics. Reporting directly to the Vice President & Director of Athletics, the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for External Relations serves on the Athletic Director’s Cabinet and works to further VCU Athletics’ overall mission and strategic goals.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum hiring standards include:
• A degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant area of study;
• 8 or more years of relevant professional experience within NCAA Division-I Athletics Department.
• Demonstrated ability in successfully leading and motivating staff to achieve and sustain excellence, change, and growth and a strong commitment to personal and professional development, and the ability to build a strong, autonomous, and collaborative team;
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at VCU throughout creative work, operations and interpersonal relationships; a commitment to working with multicultural populations and an awareness of issues affecting minorities and ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
• Superior news judgement and outstanding written and oral communications skills and presence at all levels and for all audiences, nationally and internationally; a storyteller who can create a brand and understands the value of telling a powerful story;
• Expertise on the advantages and drawbacks of emerging digital media (websites, social media, etc.) in strategic communication for an institution, conveying information and content in ways that engage and excite constituents, including prospective student-athletes, and their families, fans, donors, alumni, and the wider public;
• A demonstrated leadership style that is collegial, empathetic, and genuine, with superlative interpersonal skills to manage internal and external relationships;
• Comfort dealing effectively, diplomatically, and sensitively with all levels of management and staff across a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences and the demonstration of an honest respect for each individual;
• Flexible and resilient, someone who is not consumed by challenges; and
• Strong, personal and professional integrity, with adherence to ethical standards in
the communications profession; and a
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred hiring standards include:
• Advanced degree or training and experience that equates to an advanced degree;
• Experience in event administration, working with coaches, photography and video capture experience as well as video-editing software.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Valid driver’s license
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information
The priority application deadline is June 18, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 06/02/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106514 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have previous experience coordinating and managing in
an administrative capacity within a collegiate athletic setting?
- * Do you have previous experience working in a collegiate
athletics department in a media relations/communications capacity?
- * Do you have experience in the Development (External
Relations) area of a D-1 collegiate Athletic Department?
- * Do you have experience performing marketing functions within
a collegiate Athletics Department?
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond