Director of Creative Content & Recruiting Operations for Women's Basketball
University Code 11911 University Title Administrator 1, Athletics University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Director of Creative Content & Recruiting Operations for Women's Basketball Position Number 582870 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Director of Creative Content & Recruiting Operations is a hybrid role that will assist the recruitment of prospective student athletes and develop creative content to be used on all the VCU women’s basketball social media.
Creative Content: This position will work closely with the Women’s Basketball Video Coordinator to coordinate video shoots with direct responsibility for the creative strategy, storyboarding, and editing. Additionally, the Director of Creative Content & Recruiting Operations will be responsible for executing the visual brand of VCU Women’s Basketball through photography and videography while working closely with VCU Athletics’ video producers, graphic designers, and social media managers to ensure the execution of this brand.
Recruiting Operations:This involves creating and maintaining recruiting databases, organizing recruit’s game schedules throughout the year, creating recruiting mailings and graphics, and assisting heavily with all recruiting efforts.
Reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Director of Creative Content & Recruiting Operations works to further VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community, and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Minimum hiring standards include:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 1 year of experience working within college athletics;
- Must have a strong foundation in video editing, photography, and production;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Division-I collegiate basketball
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro;
- Working knowledge of current social media platforms (i.e., Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and a demonstrated ability to create, implement, and execute a social media strategy and calendar;
- Knowledge of current NCAA Compliance rules and regulations regarding the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred hiring standards include:
- An advanced degree or work experience that equates to an advanced degree;
- Two or more years’ experience working in an NCAA Division I program;
- Previous playing experience in the sport of basketball.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Must have First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or achieve certifications within 30 days of hire.
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information
The priority application deadline is June 15, 2021.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (some evenings and weekends may be required) Job Open Date 06/02/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106513 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Every member of the university community has a stake in and
responsibility for VCU’s continual achievement of inclusive
excellence. Please share your past contributions toward promoting
equity, diversity and inclusion. Through this statement, you can
share how your lived and professional experiences will impact your
commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have exceptional proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
or similar creative software?
- * Do yo have experience working in an Athletics Office within a
- * Do you have experience using social media as a means to
promote sporting events and/or athletics programs?
- * Do you have experience working in a Collegiate Athletic
Women's Basketball program?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond