Job Title Career Counselor Posting Number S941P Classification Title
Provide career counseling to and assist in the professional development of both the student and alumni communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in developing and maintaining campus programs reflecting the Christian values of the institution, and that meet the needs of a diverse body of students.
2. Provide career counseling to students and alumni regarding goal-setting, self-assessment, career information, decision-making, job search process, and graduate and/or professional school planning.
3. Assist in teaching career-related workshops and classes.
4. Apply theories and models of career development, counseling, and human development in working with students and alumni.
5. Compile data and generate departmental reports.
6. Provide students with individual résumé critiques and coach interview techniques.
7. Execute Mock Interviews with students.
8. Participate in the planning and execution of events related to generating and supporting internship and job opportunities, including internship and career fairs as well as employer presentations.
9. Assist in the development and execution of new programming to promote career readiness.
10. Assist in maintaining relationships with employers.
11. Collaborate with faculty and staff to provide new and ongoing opportunities for students.
12. Assist in the management of the Career Center Management System (Symplicity).
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
A growing and dynamic Christian faith, which is naturally communicated with words and actions.
A sense of mission and commitment to the personal development of college students.
Ability to set direction, identify the talents of individuals, and relate to others with a sense of caring.
Skill in the use of personal computers, social media, and related software applications.
Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to confront inappropriate behavior.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to be empathetic to the needs of a culturally diverse student body.
Ability to effectively delegate responsibility.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/02/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6549 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside