Academic Support Coordinator
Job Title Academic Support Coordinator Posting Number S942P Classification Title
Under the general direction of the Director of Academic Administration, the Academic Support Coordinator provides administrative and academic support within the Division of Online and Professional Studies in several student-focused support areas including of Prior Learning Assessment ( PLA ) coordination, commencement honors/awards, student honor code violations, disability student services, and textbook adoptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides oversight for the development and coordination of all activities related to Prior Learning Assessment ( PLA ) and Credit for Prior Learning; areas such as portfolio assessment, military evaluations, and challenge exams are some examples.
2. Works collaboratively with faculty, administration and outside agencies to review, recommend, and revise policies and practices related to the evaluation of and awarding of credit for students’ prior learning.
3. Assists faculty in identifying and designing appropriate assessment instruments used in the evaluation of students’ prior learning and aligning those instruments with the outcomes and content of OPS courses
4. Prepares or contributes to quarterly and annual productivity and effectiveness reports
5. Works with the Registrar to ensure prior learning credit reflects on student records
6. Conducts training sessions to assist faculty, advisors, and admissions staff in understanding their roles in the prior learning assessment process.
7. Serves as point of contact and resource to answer questions from students, faculty, and staff related to prior learning credits at OPS .
8. Creates and maintains, in coordination with appropriate divisions, all print and electronic media related to current practices, policies and procedures in the awarding of prior learning credit.
9. Coordinates commencement honors and awards for students, including Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society, Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Banner Bearer, and Debbie Cram Memorial Scholarship.
10. Provides support for the office of Disability Student Services to coordinate and monitor appropriate individualized accommodations, student services/resources, and activities designed to create an accessible educational environment for students with disabilities.
11. Assists in maintaining appropriate documentation and records for OPS Honor Code violations and provides resources to students and instructors for plagiarism/honor code education. Assists in communication with instructors and Student Services office.
12. Provides support for course textbook requisitions and Immediate Access implementation; communicates with course leads and Campus Store contacts as necessary.
13. Composes routine and confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents; prepares outgoing mail, including e-mail and faxes; Makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials
14. Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheets; creates, organizes and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records.
15. Report to and carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director of Academic Administration
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/02/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6551 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside