Job Title Architecture Secretary Posting Number S936P Classification Title
The position is to serve as department secretary to the architecture program including phone and in-person greeting guests and visitors, managing entrance requests by guests, assisting, and directing student inquiries, secretarial support to the program including filing, data entry, and communication with other units at the university.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as receptionist for the Department with greeting visitors to the office and providing information and materials.
2. Present a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University.
3. Provide general secretarial support by assisting in the preparation of communication media.
4. Direct inquiries regarding Architecture to the appropriate person(s).
5. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence in a variety of media.
6. Assists in maintaining accurate program records, files, and appropriate databases.
7. Assists and coordinates program copying, binding, and distribution as required.
8. Assists in maintaining office and program supplies, and coordinates equipment maintenance.
9. Distributes and collects mail for the program.
10. Assists in the maintenance of the student and office file system for the program using university BOX technology as well as a limited physical student and program files.
11. Answers program telephone calls and directs callers to appropriate people.
12. Assists with making arrangements for off campus programs.
13. Assists with summer academic programming including student recruiting for summer academies.
14. Assists with event planning and hospitality support.
15. Assists with communication media in various forms including print, web, and social.
The department secretary will assist in the supervision and coordination of student workers in the program.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of office technology and related business software applications, including Microsoft office suite of software and adobe acrobat professional.
Knowledge of adobe creative suite preferred.
Ability to assist with office organizational needs.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to provide excellent telephone and reception customer service and courtesy
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve student and staff complaints and concerns.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree is desired as well as at least one year of secretarial support experience.
Open Date 05/26/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6538 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside