Business & Industry Trainers
Position Title Business & Industry Trainers Pay Grade Level Workforce Training and Development FLSA Exempt Benefits
Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems and YMCA membership
Department Workforce Training and Development Campus Location Escanaba Min Salary based on the type of course offered Max Salary based on the type of course offered FTE
Varies dependent on need
Full-time/Part-time Part-Time Position Type Staff Job Summary/Basic Function
Bay de Noc Community College (Bay College) is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when Business & Industry Trainers are needed. Areas include: Manufacturing, Industrial, Safety, Healthcare and Business, and Community Education/Life Long Learning. Subject areas include, but are not limited to, Drafting, CAD, Blueprint Reading, Machining, OSHA 10 & 30, Confined Space, LOTO, Basic Electrical, Customer Service, Leadership, and youth and adult community education workshops.
- Post-secondary degree from an accredited college or university in related field preferred.
- One year of successful occupational experience in a related field required.
- Ability to plan for and deliver quality instruction.
- Ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to facilitate and assess student learning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the internal community.
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with external community.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology used for communication and teaching; including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Successful teaching or training experience preferred.
Works under the general supervision of the Business Development Manager.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Collaborate with businesses to develop customized training or professional development seminars for employees in a particular field.
Provide valuable training designed to enhance employee skills and productivity.
Collaborate with Bay College staff and business to determine dates and times of training sessions.
Demonstrate commitment to customer service.
Any other duties as assigned.
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Contact Phone/Extension 906-217-4016 Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Fax 906-217-1625
Posting Number S019P Posting Date 06/02/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings https://careers.baycollege.edu/postings/680 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).