Program Manager 2 - (STA007492)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Department willing to consider education in lieu of experience.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
· Master ’s Degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or a related field.
· In-depth knowledge of the Latin American/Latino Communities.
· Bi-lingual proficiency in English and Spanish, in both oral and written comm unication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· P roficiency in Microsoft Office to include: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, along with other required soft ware.
Additional Positing Information:
· Coordinates and oversees the Research Working Groups for IUPLR.
· Directs the distribution of IU PLR grant monies to the Center research working group. Issues calls for proposals and participates in the review of applications with the Executive Committee.
· Oversees the financial workings of the IU PLR, including grants, invoices and deposits.
· Prepares relat ed financial reports for the Board/Foundation.
· Oversees the planning and organization of the Annual Conference, including the call for proposals, coordinating with the Conference Planning Committee regarding conference matters, reaches out to Latin America n Partners and maintains communication with the consortium centers.
· Serves as the Secretary of the Board of Directors. Responsible for calling Board Meetings, takes and main tains minutes for the Board and manages the preparation of the Annual Board Book. Schedules and organizes the Quarterly Executive Committee Meetings, preparing the required information as needed.
· Plan s , assign s and review s the work of the staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hires, trains and supervises the staff which currently includes a Project Director from the Mellon Foundation Fellows Program and a Mellon Foundation Fellows Assistant Research Assistant.
Notes to Applicant: Position anticipated end date is June 30, 2023.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston