Faculty Position in Critical Security Studies Programme (MCSS)
The Doha Institute is an independent academic institution for postgraduate studies in the social sciences, humanities, public administration, development economics. The Institute realizes its academic purpose by integrating teaching and learning with scientific research in a manner that prepares its graduates to become academic researchers and capable professionals.
The Institute aims through its teaching and learning programs and the research activities of its faculty to achieve its message of universal participation by preparing a new generation of academics and researchers who are independent thinkers and proficient in using international scientific standards and modern interdisciplinary research methodologies and tools, and leading professionals who can advance human knowledge and respond to the needs of the Arab region, resulting in social, cultural and intellectual development.
The Institute will adopt the Arabic Language as the main language for study and research, supported by other common languages
- The successful candidate will be able to teach one or more of the following subjects: International Security Studies, Critical Security Studies, Research Methods, Regional Security, Human Security, Strategic Studies.
- The successful candidate will be expected to engage in individual and collaborative research projects in Security and Strategic studies, working closely with colleagues across different disciplines.
- The candidate will be expected to supervise masters and doctoral students of Security and Strategic Studies and to fully participate in the academic life of the DI.
- Priority will be given to candidates who specializes in International Security Studies, with the ability to teach Research Methods in Security Studies as well as Critical Security Studies.
- While English is recognized as a language of learning and research in the DI, the candidate must have the ability to teach in Arabic.
- Female scholars are encouraged to apply.
- Successful candidates will have a PhD in one or more of the following areas: Security Studies, Strategic Studies, Military Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or a related discipline – complete or close to completion.
- An excellent research and publication record, as well as proven teaching experience, preferably at the graduate level.
Submission of the application/ Required Documents
The appointment is scheduled for September 2021. The deadline to apply is July 7, 2021. Inquiries and applications (cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching experience, publication samples, and the details of three referees) should be sent to: email@example.com For informal enquiries, applicants are encouraged to contact the Head of the Critical Security Studies Programme, Dr Omar Ashour Omar.Ashour@dohainstitute.edu.qa
Apply for Faculty Position in Critical Security Studies Programme (MCSS)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly