Multi-Media Operations Specialist (Technology Support Services) - Riverside City College
Multi-Media Operations Specialist (Technology Support Services) - Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Technology Support Svs (R)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$5,873 - $7,152
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area manager/dean, Department of Library/Learning Resources prepares, coordinates and supports the electronic distribution of instructional media at the Instructional Media Center (IMC). Provides support for on-demand and live streaming events, identifies and implements new technologies, and serves as the district resource on streaming media. Also, oversees the operations of District audio-visual support services and videoconferencing/data communication services.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
Two years experience in educational media, digital media production/distribution, and multimedia operations.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, other departmental personnel, faculty, students and the public.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all aspects of Streaming Media for Riverside Community college district including editing and conversion of analog video/audio content to digital formats for electronic delivery, archive and management of digital content on district servers and storage arrays in accordance with digital rights agreements and licenses, administration of streaming servers and storage arrays as well as support computers and labs utilizing streaming media, provide technical support for on-demand and live streaming events, coordinate district streaming events, work in conjunction with the Network & Multimedia Specialist to implement media distribution standards, practices, and procedures, produce multimedia streaming content, including but not limited to Envivo interactive streaming presentations, VBrick media, and windows media based presentations, perform prototype simulations, testing and demonstrations, works in conjunction with Information Services to ensure the efficient delivery of digital content over the network, meet with technology vendors to research, troubleshoot, and coordinate the implementation of relevant technologies, supervise student employees in digital media conversion, produce streaming media and other district related websites.
2. Work in conjunction with the Instructional Media Tech, Multimedia Graphic Artists, and Cable/Satellite
Production Specialist in the production of videos and other multimedia applications.
3. Assists with the day-to-day operation of the IMC.
4. Oversees the technical activities related to audio/video support services and provide distant learning and multimedia services. Coordinates satellite downlinks, and re-broadcast of teleconferences to schools or other agencies.
5. Maintains multimedia equipment and software licenses including, videoconferencing systems, convergence center equipment, captioning equipment, digital editing systems (Avid Adrenaline, Pinnacle, Osprey), control systems (Crestron and AMX), performing preventative maintenance and arranging for major maintenance or repair of multimedia equipment.
6. Coordinates the planning, design and implementation of new technical systems as well as audio visual technology deployment for construction projects and initiatives
7. Coordinates videoconferences and assists faculty with distance education videoconferences.
8. Work in conjunction with the Media Services Repair Tech in audio-visual technology installs including specifications for room equipment and location. Reviews new construction projects to ensure that they meet audio-visual standards for campus as well as provide adequate growth for future.
9. Works in conjunction with the Instructional Media Assistant in support of day-to-day delivery of district equipment to classrooms.
10. Attends workshops, seminars, and conferences in order to keep up to date and knowledgeable with latest
streaming media trends and technology.
11. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
12. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
13. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday: 7:30am-4:30pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Other Transcript: Please attach your highest degree earned
Optional Applicant Documents:
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: June 2021
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of May.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: