Tenure-Track Faculty Position (Bio-Convergence or Nano Science & Engineering, UIC ISED)
The Underwood International College (UIC) of Yonsei University invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant or Associate Professor of the Integrated Science and Engineering Division to teach and conduct research at the International Campus in Songdo, Incheon, located within the greater Seoul metropolitan region in South Korea.
We are particularly interested in those with strong academic backgrounds and teaching and researching interests in bio-convergence or nano science & engineering. We welcome applications from candidates with an excellent level of English proficiency, who hold a Ph.D. degree in any related academic field at the time of application. Successful candidates are able to teach and mentor students with strong communication skills in English at the level of a first language. We are looking for candidates with strong research potential as well as outstanding academic achievements and reputation. In particular, research experiences and teaching interests that reflect global perspectives are preferred.
The appointment will begin from March 1, 2022. Teaching responsibilities are typically 6 credit hours (2 classes) per semester, and the candidate will be expected to teach courses in English. Compensation includes a competitive salary, health insurance, and other benefits. Additionally, non-Korean citizens are eligible for housing support (for up to 6 years), reimbursement for international moving expenses, and others.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for a presentation and
interview. For additional information, please contact the ISED
office or a director of ISED. Prospective applicants are also
encouraged to look our website at http://uic.yonsei.ac.kr.
• Submitting Documents
Interested applicants must apply online at https://faculty.yonsei.ac.kr/recruit/index.php?mid=K02&lang=enand submit all the required documents online through the system. Applications without the required documents will not be considered for evaluation. If an applicant cannot upload the original or copies of certain documents, such as publications, they must submit them via post to the address below.
ISED office administration
Ms. Shinhea Kang
Room 438, Veritas B Hall, Yonsei University International Campus
85 Songdogwahak-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon 21983, Republic of Korea
T: +82-32-749-3801 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Application Date: June 4, 2021 ~ July 7, 2021
• Application Deadline: July 7, 2021 (Wednesday), 17:00 KST
• Documents arriving after the deadline will not be accepted due to university regulations.
• Documents to be uploaded with your online application:
1. Online Application Form (including list of Publications Form,
2. Copies of Certificates of Graduation & Transcripts from B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
3. The PhD. Dissertation
4. Main research publications from after March 2017
- For main achievements (up to five), please check “Main Achievement” in the list of research records of the list of publication form.
- Either the originals or the copies of applicant’s five main publications published after March 2017 should be uploaded along with a summary of research (within a page length) for each publication.
[The documents below are required via post for shortlisted candidates]
* The ISED Office will notify shortlisted candidates of
the documents submission deadline via email.
1. Original Certificates of Graduation & Transcripts from B.A., M.A. and Ph.D.
2. Two letters of recommendation (from professors or professionals in the same program or field)
- The applicant must provide contact information of their recommenders as part of the online application.
- The ISED Office will send recommendation requests to the recommender’s email addresses provided by applicants.
- An image file (e.g. .pdf, .jpg) of the recommender’s stamp or signature should be included in the response email for your recommendation. If the signature is included in a file format that is editable (e.g. .hwp, .doc), it will not be accepted.
- The applicant's full name and the name of the school/program to which the applicant is applying must be specified in the letter.
3. Originals or copies of all publications from after March 2017
• About Integrated Science and Engineering Division
The Integrated Science and Engineering Division (ISED) provides a multidisciplinary approach to understanding and applying bio-science, nano-technology, and energy and environmental engineering. ISED students will explore the interactions between bio-science, nano-science and technology, bio and chemical engineering, integrated technology, and the healthcare industry. The program is well-suited for students who wish to acquire a well-balanced, multidisciplinary perspective, which blends the practical and theoretical frameworks necessary for becoming tomorrow’s leaders of industry.
• About Underwood International College (UIC)
Yonsei University’s Underwood International College is a highly
competitive program at South Korea’s most prestigious private
university. UIC combines the intimate atmosphere of a liberal arts
college with the resources of a major research university. All
instruction is in English, and the student body consists of only
native and near-native speakers of English drawn from about 70
Professor Sang-Yup Lee
Director of Integrated Science and Engineering Division
Underwood International College
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea