10017805 Assistant Professor of Public Relations
JOB SUMMARY: Middle Georgia State University (MGA), a Unit of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Public Relations position. The available Assistant Professor position will be housed in the Department of Media, Culture, & the Arts in the School of Arts & Letters and will support a new public relations track in the BA in Media and Communication and potential development of graduate public relations programming.
MAJOR DUTIES: This position involves teaching a 4/4 course load, scholarship, student advisement, and service. Travel among our campuses will be required as needed. Teaching responsibilities will include day and/or evening classes, online and/or hybrid courses, and video-conference classes.
- Ph.D. in Communication, Mass Communication, Media Communication, Advertising/Public Relations, Public Communication, Strategic Communication, or related field is required for the tenure track line. An MA in the same fields will be considered for a non-tenure track position at the lecturer level. ABD considered with graduation date prior to fall 2021 semester.
- Readiness to teach at the collegiate level with commitment to student engagement.
- Ability to teach upper-level undergraduate courses such as PR strategies, PR campaigns, social media marketing, crisis communication and reputation management, principles of PR, PR theory, digital communication, social media strategy, speechwriting, media relations, etc..
- Evidence of scholarly promise or achievement (for tenure –track line).
- Readiness to engage in academic and community service.
- Professional experience in the PR/Advertising industry.
- Prior successful teaching experience.
- Experience with online and/or hybrid delivery of instruction.
- Interest in and experience to support development of graduate programming in public relations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted until position filled.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as one PDF attachment to email@example.com with the subject line “10017805 Public Relations – Media, Culture & Arts, Macon 5.20.2021 Application materials must include (1) an MGA faculty application, (2) a letter of interest, (3) a curriculum vitae, (4) a statement of teaching philosophy, (5) names and contact information of three references
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Apply for 10017805 Assistant Professor of Public Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly