University of Pennsylvania, Quantitative Methods & Applied Data Science Adjunct Professor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The MS in Social Policy Program at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) seeks applications for an experienced adjunct instructor for one (or more) of the following courses, offered in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. Fall courses run from August 31, 2021 until December 22, 2021; Spring courses run between January 12-April 27, 2022.
- MSSP 607: Practical Data Science Required expertise: Python
- MSSP 608: Practical Machine Learning Required expertise: Python
- MSSP 629: Research & Evaluation Design
- MSSP 730: Community Mapping Required expertise: ArcGIS
- MSSP 630: Quantitative Reasoning Required expertise: R
- MSSP 897: Applied Linear Modeling Required expertise: R
Course descriptions can be found at the following website: https://www.sp2.upenn.edu/academics/ms-in-social-policy/curriculum/course-descriptions/. Instructors should be available to teach the courses in-person and available to teach morning, afternoon, and/or evening classes. Pay is competitive.
An advanced degree is required, preferably in a relevant social science and policy field with an emphasis on data science and statistical methods. Please provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations for two to three courses from prior teaching, and the names and contact information for three references. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No letters of recommendation are required at this time. Please e-mail application materials in one PDF file titled with your name to Dr. Ezekiel Dixon-Román (firstname.lastname@example.org) and put “MSSP Instructor Application” in the e-mail subject. Application review will begin June 15, 2021.
Apply for University of Pennsylvania, Quantitative Methods & Applied Data Science Adjunct Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Professional Fields Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Public Administration & Policy Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Urban & Regional Planning Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Competitive Part Time jobs in Philadelphia