Director of Education and Training
Pierce Mortuary Colleges (PMC) is a non-profit corporation offering post-secondary education for those considering funeral service as a career. PMC is seeking an experienced Director of Education and Training that will support PMC's mission through educational and training needs. PMC seeks a strategic educational leader to serve as its next Director of Education and Training, reporting directly to the President and CEO and working in close partnership with college presidents, college deans, other senior leadership, and the Board of Trustees. The Director of Education and Training will bring exceptional educational analysis, planning, and systems thinking expertise to a role with exceptional impact on the future of PMC. The Director of Education and Training directs the educational affairs of the colleges and plans, organizes, and directs all aspects of the academic leadership of PMC, including the development of policies and procedures on curriculum, instructor and adjunct training, national test scores (NBE), working with both on-campus and distance learning instructors and their campus deans. The incumbent will create and execute long-range strategies to ensure the healthy and balanced growth of the colleges.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with college presidents and deans to create curriculum design standards and methodologies based on innovative pedagogies and best practices that result in high quality teaching and learning experiences.
- Develop a 2-tiered training program leading to certificates of competencies in teaching methodologies. First tier is for teacher competency.
- Develop a 2nd tier for a Master Teacher certification that can be endorsed by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE).
- Provides expertise on effective assessment methodology and direct measures of student learning, designing instruments, sampling student work, data analysis, and reporting for continuous improvement.
- Work with college presidents and deans to establish standards for assessment and rubrics for curricular and co-curricular activities and program reviews.
- Work with college presidents and deans to maintain PMC Curriculum and PMC Assessment Handbooks and ensure currency.
- Collaborate with college presidents and deans to ensure all program development and revisions follow established standards across the colleges; work with college presidents and deans to ensure consistent application and maintenance of those standards and methodologies across the programs.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure application of curriculum development philosophy and understanding of PMC culture and student demographics.
- Support new course development and revise project plans for academic affairs. Assist with development and implementation of viable new programs and support materials.
- Work with college presidents and deans to create and maintain templates for program, course, and assessment development.
- Maintain all program related documentation; Work with college presidents and deans to ensure that appropriate documentation supporting course offerings exists including, but not limited to, master course frameworks and syllabi.
- Provides direction and coordination for PMC on curriculum development and revisions.
- Coordinates with all parties involved in the curriculum development process to ensure accountability.
- Coordinate priorities and project plans related to curriculum and assessment across programs and schools, and coordinate implementation of initiatives across multiple functional areas of the colleges.
- Support project management efforts for classroom changes that span across all colleges.
- Facilitates/coordinates/implements results of assessments and program reviews into actionable project plans for curriculum and course delivery revisions, in collaboration with college presidents and deans’ councils.
Qualifications, Education, and Knowledge
- Three years or more of professional experience and leadership in higher education, specifically in the areas of online program and course development.
- Instructional design experience and teacher training experience.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Excellent communication, project management, conceptual, organizational and analytical skills.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Organization
Important: Management reserves the right to change or otherwise modify the functions of this job in order to meet the needs of the company. Additional duties may also be assigned. Consideration will be given to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed hereafter are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or abilities required to do this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Pierce Mortuary Colleges (PMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PMC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PMC are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PMC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PMC encourages applicants of all ages.
Apply for Director of Education and Training
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly