The Multimedia Producer/Videographer brings the Earlham story to
life by overseeing the strategic development, management and
delivery of multimedia assets. This position will handle a range of
storytelling assignments — through video, audio, and digital
platforms — for the Office of Marketing and Communications as well
as College constituents.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conceive and develop creative and compelling multimedia content
to support the Earlham brand and the College’s strategic goals.
This includes but is not limited to video, audio, and/or
interactive digital assets for internal and external
- Assess project goals and determine the appropriate assets or
deliverables necessary to meet those goals (e.g. video, podcast,
drone footage, interactive graphic, etc.)
- Follow each project through from concept to completion. This
may include collaboration with other members of the Marketing and
Communications staff on the production of scripts and storyboards,
the identification of graphic design needs, scheduling and project
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to
create content for and upload content to the College’s social media
- Plan and perform video editing and post-production tasks,
including reviewing footage; making editorial decisions; logging;
rough cuts; audio adjustment; color correction; adding photographs,
motion graphics, animation, audio and music; final editing in
accordance with the overall production concepts; compress/encode
video projects for output; and make video products available in a
variety of formats.
- Record interviews with students, staff, faculty, alumni,
college partners, and others and ensure that valuable sound-bites
- Scout shoot locations for photography, drone and video
- Stay up-to-date about audio and video production technology and
distribution. Identify emerging technologies and platforms and
assess their potential for opportunities to increase engagement and
- Ensure all video and audio assets meet accessibility
- Organize and maintain the audio and video assets archive, as
well as the online platforms? in a consistent way that enables easy
identification and access.
- Strategically develop, implement and maintain the College’s
YouTube account to grow its role in the College’s recruitment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination
of education and professional experience.
- Experience as a multimedia designer and/or videographer and a
portfolio of your work
- A love for creative storytelling and a commitment to
- Experience operating a drone for video/photo purposes.
- Strong visual communication skills.
- Strong skills in video and audio production, including
recording and editing, and web distribution.
- Advanced skills with After Effects, and Final Cut Pro or Adobe
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other major trade
- Strong project management, design, research and organizational
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to help guide
others and adapt to changing conditions with ease.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that facilitate
departmental and college-wide collaboration.
- Ability to work outside traditional business hours (occasional
nights and weekends) as necessary.