Communications Specialist III
Communications Specialist III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Under general supervision, the Communications Specialist III communicates both internally and externally while promoting the University narrative. This is done by creating communications campaigns, writing and editing feature stories, interacting with media, assisting in the production of informational and promotional materials, presentations, and special events. Contributes to smooth operation of the division and performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Seek opportunities to make news that generates coverage with informative, compelling stories about the University narrative, its programs, students, faculty, alumni, events, and institutional initiatives.
- Research, write, and edit copy.
- Coordinate and execute comprehensive campaign plans for multiple, coinciding special events, programs, and announcements.
- Maintain an efficient planning and tracking system for project timelines and cost to ensure consistent flow of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly output.
- Compose, proof, edit and update information on University website.
- Develop relationships with media, draft and send news releases, respond to media requests, create talking points, and script.
- Monitor communications-related analytics and focus on expanding reach and scope of media mentions.
- Prepare presentations, speeches, PowerPoints, and displays. Prepare University representatives for public appearances, including interviews and public speeches.
- Oversee interns by providing career enhancing experiences, direction and guidance, with supervision from the director of communications.
- With guidance of the director, respond to breaking news, crisis communications needs, and internal communications.
- Contributes to division improvements and development of useful resources for direct colleagues, as well as internal/external customers.
- Coordinate on video production projects, writing scripts, production story boards, on-scene video/photography shoots and aspects of post-production.
- Ensure monthly budgets and expenditures are reconciled.
- Comply with University policies, plans, and procedures.
- Complete all assigned employee training courses as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- Four (4) years of communications and/or marketing experience.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement:
- Master's Degree & Two (2) years of experience.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Cision, and Basecamp.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to identify stories that exemplify the university's mission and values.
- Master's Degree.
- Four (4) or more years related experience in a university environment coordinating projects and working with multiple departments.
- Experience with communication software such as Cision, Basecamp, and social media platforms.
- Additional education, experience, skills that are preferred for this position.
- $40,712- $48,410/ Annual
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Communications-Specialist-III_R-038554-1