Communications Specialist III
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Under general supervision, the Communications Specialist III
communicates both internally and externally while promoting the
University narrative. This is done by creating communications
campaigns, writing and editing feature stories, interacting with
media, assisting in the production of informational and promotional
materials, presentations, and special events. Contributes to smooth
operation of the division and performs additional responsibilities
- Seek opportunities to make news that generates coverage with
informative, compelling stories about the University narrative, its
programs, students, faculty, alumni, events, and institutional
- Research, write, and edit copy.
- Coordinate and execute comprehensive campaign plans for
multiple, coinciding special events, programs, and
- Maintain an efficient planning and tracking system for project
timelines and cost to ensure consistent flow of daily, weekly,
monthly and quarterly output.
- Compose, proof, edit and update information on University
- Develop relationships with media, draft and send news releases,
respond to media requests, create talking points, and script.
- Monitor communications-related analytics and focus on expanding
reach and scope of media mentions.
- Prepare presentations, speeches, PowerPoints, and displays.
Prepare University representatives for public appearances,
including interviews and public speeches.
- Oversee interns by providing career enhancing experiences,
direction and guidance, with supervision from the director of
- With guidance of the director, respond to breaking news, crisis
communications needs, and internal communications.
- Contributes to division improvements and development of useful
resources for direct colleagues, as well as internal/external
- Coordinate on video production projects, writing scripts,
production story boards, on-scene video/photography shoots and
aspects of post-production.
- Ensure monthly budgets and expenditures are reconciled.
- Comply with University policies, plans, and procedures.
- Complete all assigned employee training courses as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or
- Four (4) years of communications and/or marketing
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for
the minimum experience requirement:
- Master's Degree & Two (2) years of experience.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Cision, and Basecamp.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong
verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to
present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to identify stories that exemplify the university's
mission and values.
- Master's Degree.
- Four (4) or more years related experience in a university
environment coordinating projects and working with multiple
- Experience with communication software such as Cision,
Basecamp, and social media platforms.
- Additional education, experience, skills that are preferred for
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Communications-Specialist-III_R-038554-1