Registered Nurse II
The Pediatric Neurosurgery department at Baylor College of Medicine / Texas Children's Hospital is seeking a professional nurse who will deliver pediatric patient care in the ambulatory care setting. The individual will assist physicians and advanced practice providers with treatment room examination and procedures, schedule tests and appointments, answer patient calls and messages and schedule surgeries. Neuroscience related experience as registered nurse is required.
Competent level professional nurse who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Assists physicians with treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, answers patient calls, records and communicates information to referring physicians. Serves as a resource for Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses I’s, and unlicensed staff members.
- This position will spend approximately 40% of time in clinic, 30% of time answering phone triage calls and 30% of the time at a desk.
- Time in clinic will be spent supporting the providers: assisting with exams, patient education, scheduling patient follow-up appointments and imaging.
- Time at the desk will be spent answering patient messages, patient phone calls, scheduling and coordinating appointments and scheduling and coordinating surgeries.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.