Senior Community Relations Associate - Cancer Prevention
External Title: Senior Community Relations Associate - Cancer Prevention
Internal Title: Senior Community Relations & Special Events Associate
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Office of Outreach and Health Disparities, has an immediate opening for a Senior Community Relations Associate - Cancer Prevention. The position will encompass two main areas or functions - project coordinator and community outreach coordinator / health educator. This position provides assistance with protocols and operations from conceptualization of science projects targeted to cancer control and prevention within under-served communities.
Project Coordinator Functions:
• Manages assigned projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
• Analyzes project goals, plans schedule of deadlines for project completion, and develops action plan and processes for project completion from inception to evaluation.
• Coordinates efforts between various stakeholders; coordinates project activities; assigns tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the project.
• Develops, recommends and implements necessary improvements and changes.
• Confers with staff to explain project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of the project.
• May prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
• Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives.
• Performs literature searches on health subjects.
• Assists in writing, editing and proofreading a wide range of materials, including training materials, video scripts, reports, patient and public educational materials, multi-media presentations, and promotional materials.
Community Outreach Coordinator/ Health Educator Functions:
• Performs professional, administrative and support tasks to facilitate cancer prevention and control outreach efforts to groups serving underserved communities.
• Coordinates, supports and participates in the OOHD community outreach activities (virtual and in-person), including implementation of Theater Outreach Program activities.
• Coordinates production of various print, video, multimedia and digital educational materials (i.e. web pages, apps) in multiple languages (mostly English and Spanish).
• Assists in creating educational materials/products or creates educational materials for simple deliverables.
• May assist with translating materials from English to Spanish, Spanish to English.
• Works to promote and encourage individuals and groups to participate in the OOHD outreach activities.
• Coordinates inter-agency and interdepartmental meetings in order to cultivate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinates collaborating efforts with established community partners and establish new lines of communication and collaboration with local as well as regional institutional and community stakeholders.
• Prepares and collaborates with partners in preparing targeted outreach and informational products which include educational materials in a variety of formats (e.g., print, computerized, video) for the OOHD and partners.
• Projects deadlines for project responsible deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health, Health Education, Cross Cultural Relations/Studies or relevant degree.
- Master's degree in a related field and two years of experience may also be considered.
- Outreach or community health experience.
- Familiarity with conversational Spanish.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, other project management and or media production tools/software.
- Working knowledge of project organization, processes, objectives, and management with excellent attention to detail with strong problem solving and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and honor confidential information, and establish positive working relationships with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and think proactively, organize work projects, and complete tasks within assigned time frames, while being flexible in order to respond positively and quickly to shifting demands and opportunities.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston