Engineering Collections & Research Analyst
The University Libraries at Virginia Tech is seeking an Engineering Collections & Research Analyst with the core duties of this position being to serve as the primary point of contact for liaison services to the College of Engineering for collection management and analysis, research analysis, and instructional and consultative services. Through outreach and collaboration the liaison will support the College of Engineering’s educational, research, innovation, benchmarking, and assessment initiatives. The Engineering Collections and Research Analyst reports to the Assistant Director for Strategic Research and Analysis, who supports Virginia Tech’s Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation and its partner unit Link + License + Launch with strategic research and industry analysis. Both units work collaboratively to bolster the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited graduate program or a terminal degree in a field related to library/information sciences
- Experience with library services such as research assistance, instruction, collection management
- Experience in outreach and collaboration
- Knowledge of research impact metrics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel or similar software
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field
- Entry level experience or beyond using visualization and research tools such as Scival, Tableau, and VosViewer
- Growing experience with data storage, retrieval, and manipulation skills using tools or languages such APIs, OpenRefine, SQL, Python, or R.
- Demonstrated involvement in professional activities, including evidence of leadership, research, and/or service to the information profession
Notes: Having one or more of the preferred qualifications listed is not required. We will support the successful candidate in growing their skills and experience as needed. We encourage candidates to apply who will join us in a commitment to a collaborative environment where we continually learn together, and where we work together to promote a library and work environment committed to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community .
The ideal candidate is:
- Flexible, open-minded, and handles ambiguity and change well
- A lifelong learner willing to learn new skills as needed
- A collegial, team-player
- Committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
A/P faculty Lecturer, regular full-time appointment
$60,000 minimum dependent on education and qualifications
July 15, 2021
- The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
- Possible occasional travel to other Virginia Tech campuses or locations such as the National Capital Region
The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate’s experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information.
The members of the University Libraries at Virginia Tech strive individually and collectively to create, sustain, and share inclusive ways of knowing in conscientious community with each other and all the people we serve in every space we shape. In keeping with our Aspirational Identity and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community , the University Libraries commits to build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Cathy Pillow at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: June 1, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Research Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg