Assistant Crew Coach (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Seasons)
Phillips Exeter Academy is seeking highly motivated coaches for the 2021-2022 school year. In the fall club season, the team practices 4 days a week with no racing; weekdays in the afternoons, roughly 4-6PM, excluding Wednesday. In the spring interscholastic season, the team practices 6 days a week; weekdays in the afternoons, roughly 4-6PM, Saturdays late morning or afternoons.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- coaching high school athletes, novice as well as intermediate rowers, in both water and land practices,
- supporting head coaches in the mission of the team,
- upholding school policies and safety standards in a professional manner,
- showing respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of coaching.
- Spring Coaches should anticipate travelling 2-6 times for regattas.
- All candidates should have a minimum of two (2) years competitive rowing experience at the college level or equivalent.
- Candidates will be required to hold/obtain a NH Commercial Boating License and become CPR/AED certified