Senior Buyer and P-Card Coordinator
Job Responsibilities :
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is currently seeking a Senior Buyer and P-Card Coordinator in the Procurement Office. The Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and services for The Citadel. This position is responsible for complying with regulatory guidelines, accepted procurement principles, and South Carolina policies. Must be able to identify varied sources, evaluate bids, award contracts/purchase orders, develops standards for new products or services, and maintains contact with vendors.
- Receives and independently examines procurement requisitions and creates purchase orders. Prepares detailed bid specifications and scopes of work for use in requests for proposals, requests for quotes, and invitations for bids. Serves as a liaison between departments and vendors, resolving differences regarding the purchase of goods and services, negotiating vendor contracts, and determining the acceptability of goods and services in coordination with the ordering department or unit.
- Minimizes institutional liability by reviewing and verifying the clarity, completeness, accuracy, and quality of contracts prior to routing for signature.
- Participates in the development and coordination of communication and training activities across campus to facilitate compliance with requirements.
- Protects the interests of The Citadel regarding purchases by serving as a representative for the college in discussions between vendors and departments on procurement issues and by monitoring vendors for compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
- Analyzes purchasing patterns and continually seeks cost savings to maximize the purchasing value of funds.
- Assists with The Citadel’s Minority Business Enterprise program to enhance spend with firms in these categories.
- Serves as administrator for The Citadel’s purchasing card program by coordinating all aspects of the p-card program, to include the dissemination of program information to departments and cardholders, program expansion, training, and monitoring for compliance with college and state policies.
- Ensures compliance with South Carolina and college policies, procedures, requirements, and applicable legal regulations.
Minimum Qualifications :
Must have a Bachelor’s degree. Ability to demonstrate progressive responsibility with procurement processes, strategic sourcing, vendor management, and p-card coordination. Must have previous experience in negotiations, contract review, professional service agreements, and compliance with applicable laws. Proven detail-oriented work style along with effective written and verbal communication skills
Experience processing formal, competitive, sealed procurement. Experience working with the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code and Regulations at a state agency or university, or translatable experience from another state. Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB).
Advertised: Jun 01 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston