Teacher Assistant - Printmaking
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
Primary Objective: Assists instructor in strengthening concepts presented in the classroom, laboratory or trade shop area.
- Assists instructor in supervising students in
classroom/laboratory/trade shop area to ensure students are
following class rules and safety procedures.
- Assists students in understanding the lesson plans and project
objectives. Provides effective feedback to students.
- Prepares, maintains, distributes and collects equipment and
other supply materials required to meet lesson objectives.
Supervises the cleaning and trash removal from training/shop
- Works with the instructor to create a purposeful, orderly, and
supportive learning environment.
- Informs the instructor of any problems promptly.
- Maintains student’s attendance records and other records as
- Participates in weekly staff meetings, classroom team planning
sessions and other meetings as scheduled.
- Adheres to policies and procedures established by the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent credit hours in related field
of study from an accredited college or university; or a Certificate
in the related field of study with years of related
- Work experience in a teaching environment preferred.
- Ability to promote cooperation between students and educational
- Ability to carry out verbal and written instructions and to
provide proper assistance to the instructor.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new tasks with little
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to operate related tools and equipment of assigned
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago