Clinical Director - Wellness Center
Harold Washington College (HWC)is one of the seven City Colleges of Chicago. HWC is located in the Chicago Loop and serves nearly 11,000 students. HWC is a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority Serving Institution (MSI) with more than 70 percent Latinx or Black students. The college offers an exceptional liberal arts and sciences curriculum and programs in Business, Early Childhood, Architecture, and Digital Media. HWC is City Colleges’ Center for Business. The college is also home to the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and is currently the only community college in the city to offer a business degree accessible entirely online. In addition, the college has program partnerships with leading industry organizations such as Aon, Year Up Chicago, DePaul University, and the Joffrey Ballet.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Clinical Director,Wellness Center enforces and implements institutional, legal, and departmental policies concerning the Wellness Center. The Manager recruits and supervises interns from local graduate programs in social work or clinical psychology, supervises interns and executes the day-to-day Wellness Center operations. This includes the organization, assessment, and advertisement of the Wellness Center events and collaboration with community partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff of an assigned
- Develops, implements and monitors all policies relevant to the
- Recruits and interviews intern candidates from local graduate
programs in social work or clinical psychology. Provides
supervision for interns.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relations with local
graduate programs in social work or clinical psychology as well as
with the community partners to improve the Wellness Center
- Collects evaluations, activity logs, and other documents
demonstrating the activity and effectiveness of the Center.
Prepares periodic and annual reports about the Wellness Center
activities for management review and evaluation.
- Sponsors monthly events with community based organizations.
Assigns interns to participate in the events.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Wellness Center,
creating a professional, welcoming atmosphere for the individuals
accessing the center for services and information.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Clinical Psychology or a
related field (LCSW or Psy.D preferred) supplemented by a minimum
of three years experience in program administration. Illinois
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the services provided by the department.
- Flexibility on work schedule. Work assignments may shift on a
weekly or monthly basis to account for new events and new
possibilities of connecting with community based
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, prepare
and generate reports, and the ability to maintain records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago