Adjunct Instructor - Computer Numerical Control -PT
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROL (CNC) - PT
Daley College is currently seeking a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Part-Time Instructor for the Fall 2021 semester with a passion for teaching and learning, along with a strong commitment to the missions and ideals of the community college. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using highly effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and that promote the acquisition and application of knowledge and the development of critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills; and in addition, engage in and model intellectual curiosity and express passion for their disciplines and for learning in general.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in their academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, Board rules and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering or a related technical field and knowledge of CNC machining and the application of CAD/CAM and at least two credentials from the National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS);
- 8 years of experience in manufacturing, including experience in precision machining or metal fabricating, tooling or product design, or process improvement, and knowledge of the application of CAD/CAM and at least two credentials from the National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
- Both Manual and CNC Machinist preferred.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!