ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS:
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks
part-time faculty to teach contemporary dance. The Department of
Visual and Performing Arts provides a foundation of outstanding
technical, creative and conceptual training. In order to accomplish
this departmental mission, all of the disciplines lead to learning
objectives that prepare students to critically think, read and
pursue humanistic values and professionalism within the arts. The
ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by
developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching one or more of the
following techniques: Contemporary Modern Dance, Ballet, Jazz.
- Designs courses to meet learning outcomes and promotes
students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters
students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem
solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of student learning outcomes for the course.
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals
and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of
individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and
conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and
professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
- Bachelor’s of Arts or Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Dance or
professional level experience with three years of teaching
experience will also be considered. Demonstrated involvement as a
practicing artist in the specific disciplines or specializations of
the respective style of dance.
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse group of
students and staff required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must
submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be
provided at time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
If size limits prohibit you from attaching your documents, please
email required attachments to WR_HR@ccc.edu .
Seeking candidate(s) to teach face-to-face course(s) for Fall 2021
semester. Adherence to CDC guidelines and masks required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!