Director of Recruitment for Face-to-Face Programs
The Director of Recruitment is an unclassified position reporting to the Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of internal and external recruitment activities, public relations, strategic leadership, development of key recruitment partnerships, communications, and taking the student from prospect to initial LSUS enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Recruitment will work to strategically lead the university recruitment activities, including the following:
- Develop and lead the recruitment team with cutting-edge tactics for recruitment of face-to-face students.
- Have the ability to create, understand, and utilize data to make recruitment strategy decisions.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement related to staff development, process development, and goal-setting for the recruitment team.
- Supervise recruitment staff members.
- Develop effective on-campus programs and events that impact student enrollment.
- Lead recruitment and relationship efforts with school officials in secondary schools, post-secondary institutions and agencies.
- Work with the Director of Media and Public Relations and VCSI on creative recruitment publications both in print and digital format.
- Present creative messaging in recruitment publications and oversee detailed communication flow to all prospective student segments.
- Direct budget expenditures for recruitment activities.
- Ensure compliance with university, division, and department policies.
- Implement functions of the Strategic Enrollment plan related to recruitment activities
- Work in tandem with the Financial Aid team and the Director of Scholarships to ensure smooth messaging and coordination in financial awards.
- Develop and manage annual promotion and event calendar based on the recruitment cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Traits/Abilities
- Public Speaking
- Leadership and Performance Management
The ideal candidate will be a creative individual who has an engaging personality; has the ability to command a room, the ability to speak publicly to multiple different audiences, can host well-planned events, is strategically organized to maximize staff and resources, and can communicate effectively through multiple modalities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Preferred qualifications: five years of experience in higher education; preferably in a university admissions or recruitment office or closely related department.