Program Assitant - Graduate and Professional Studies
JOB TITLE: Program Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Graduate & Professional Studies
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Studies
Summary: The TPS-UArts Administrative Assistant/ GPS Graduate Education Program Assistant position provides administrative support for the TPS-UArts program, funded by a grant from the Library of Congress (85%). In addition, this position also supports the directors, faculty and students for all education programs within Graduate & Professional Studies (GPS) including planning, scheduling, data entry, record keeping, reporting and research. This position reports to the Associate Dean of GPS.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
TPS-UArts Administrative Assistant duties:
- Maintains all digital and physical files for the TPS-UArts program including financial information in course budget spreadsheets and prepares all paperwork for faculty and vendor payment for TPS-UArts courses and projects.
- Compiles data for TPS-UArts program annual report and Library of Congress federal reports
- Distributes program information and announcements via email, social media and other digital platforms.
- Assists TPS-UArts Program Coordinator with planning and preparation for courses and special events/programs; attends all events as needed.
- Serves as first line of contact for faculty and students requests and inquiries for the TPS-UArts by phone and email.
- Supports TPS-UArts Program Coordinator to project manage the annual TPS Teacher Resource Guides.
- Schedules and prepares agendas for all TPS-UArts monthly meetings.
GPS Graduate Education Program Assistant Duties (focus on PIE/MEd and SMS/MM):
- Serves as first line of contact for faculty and student requests and inquiries for Graduate & Professional Studies programs by phone and email.
- Maintains all digital and physical faculty and student files for GPS programs and course evaluation data distribution.
- Prepares faculty letters of appointment and manages workflow with Human Resources for payment.
- Advises prospective and enrolled students in the PIE/MEd and Graduate Certificate programs.
- Creates and delivers weekly and term enrollment reports that are used to implement course section additions and/or cancellations.
- Produces annual competitive analysis report(s) in concert with Program Director(s).
- Coordinates marketing strategies with Enrollment Marketing department to promote courses and programs to internal and external audiences via digital methods
- Oversees work study tasks, assignments, and workflow; assigning and monitoring work study hours.
- Assists in event and course section planning/scheduling using software tools like 25 Live and Enrole, providing on-site support for special events as needed.
- Works closely with University partner, Elsmere Education (EEI)
to support MEd/Graduate Certificate application to account creation
- Student record creation in Colleague for new MEd/Graduate Certificate applicants
- Receives transcripts from EEI Enrollment Counselor (EC). Opens transcripts, reviews and saves transcripts to OnBase.
- Receives admission decision from Program Director. Enters admissions decision, and other required applicant data to Colleague.
- Process registrations in Colleague/Student Self-Service for MEd students. EEI will provide a list of students and courses each semester.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, visual/performing arts, or a related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years administrative experience, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Experience with project management and marketing
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and research skills.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and follow through on short- and long-term projects, working under a deadline.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency including database management, spreadsheets and word processing is required.
- Experience with social media marketing and project management preferred.
- A self-starter that can work independently.
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator and Diversity Administrator is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Middle City East