IT Help Desk Technician
The Leeds School of Business encourages applications for an IT Help Desk Technician ! This position will support the Assistant Director in providing desktop and classroom support to Leeds Faculty, Staff, and PhD students. The technician will provide client support for Windows PC and Apple OS, hardware, desktop applications, peripheral devices, and more. The IT Help Desk Technician interacts with customers regularly via phone, email and provides a high-level of customer service through timely and professional interaction.
Accordingly, this role requires a professional level of soft skills, in addition to technical and organizational skills in order to manage a large caseload. The technician will serve as first response to classroom problems that arise during classes or events that take place at the Leeds School of Business. It is important that the employee has excellent customer service and personal skills to ensure that the department provides a high quality support experience.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Leeds Technology Services is the primary technology service provider for the Leeds School of Business community. It is a highly collaborative work environment with strong emphasis placed on customer service. Its mission is to improve, through technology, the efficiency of individuals, divisions and departments at the Leeds School of Business, and to provide a robust learning and research environment with an outstanding student experience.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Desktop/Laptop Troubleshooting and Customer Service
- This position is responsible for maintaining and fixing computer systems within the Leeds School of Business running Windows and MacOS platforms. The position works alongside several teammates in a collaborative environment to diagnose, solve, repair, and maintain computer equipment, mobile devices, and peripherals for the Leeds School of Business.
- The employee exercises independent judgment in determining the best method to resolve a given computer problem and determines whether the problem can be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction within the confines of computing policies and standards of CU Boulder.
- This position regularly encounters new computer problems without a previously prescribed solution and it is vital to think creatively and proactively; often conducting research and trial experiments to determine appropriate technical solutions, without compromising the integrity of the equipment.
- This position interacts with faculty, staff, and PhD students on a regular basis and deliver a high level of customer service. They are able to explain sophisticated computer problems and resolutions in clear non-technical terms, provide a limited degree of customer computer training, and recommend best-practices for computer use. The Help Desk Technician is expected to conduct themselves in a professional, respectful manner at all times; managing customer relationships and expectations appropriately, adapting to the clientele they support. This includes, but is not limited to, exercising good judgment with tone, language, and comments when working with a customer.
- Duties of this role include: trouble-shooting Windows and MacOS operating systems, installing software compatible with Windows and MacOS, mapping network drives and printers, malicious software removal, general OS troubleshooting, computing hardware and monitor/dock troubleshooting, remote and in-person solving issues on Windows and MacOS computers (including all related hardware and software issues), initiating warranty claims with Dell and Apple, answering the IT help desk phone line, entering customer support tickets into the ServiceNow ticketing system, working on and completing tickets within ServiceNow ITSM application. This position is also responsible for computer re-builds (backing up customer data, reinstalling computer operating system, installing customer applications, restoring data).
Computer Inventory and Disposal Management
- This position maintains and updates the computer inventory for the Leeds School of Business. This includes entering computer inventory records into the Leeds desktop support computer inventory site, editing records for computers that change ownership, and archiving records that are being sent to disposal. This position performs an annual inventory audit of faculty and staff computers, to ensure that the inventory is accurate. Cataloging, labeling, and entering items marked for disposal in the campus surplus inventory system.
Tier 1 Classroom support
- This role provides tier 1 classroom support to Leeds Faculty and Staff within the Leeds School of Business. This includes answering classroom support calls and providing in-person first response support to classroom issues. This employee supports trouble-shooting classroom technology hardware and software issues such as computer projection and other related audio/visual equipment issues within the classroom. Also, this position is responsible for raising issues to the classroom manager when necessary.
Special Projects and Training
- The employee identifies tools that may help the efficiency of the LTS desktop support function while maintaining the highest levels of customer service. They also seek out self-training opportunities to improve technical skills related to desktop support. This role is responsible for special projects as requested by the Assistant Director related to help desk and desktop support.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for is $46,000-$50,000 annually.
- Relocation is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Effective. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a Windows/MacOS help desk support role.
What You Will Need
- Experience installing Windows and MacOS operating system software on computers.
- Competent with backing up and restoring data on Windows and MacOS using established industry backup utilities and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build relationships and provide customer service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer technology based on own initiative, independently or as part of a team.
- Promotes creating an inclusive environment to reflect our values and vision at Leeds.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience trouble-shooting audio/visual technology in classrooms.
- Confidence with using remote support software such as Bomgar.
- Experience using IT service management tools such at ServiceNow.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 13, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder