Student Affairs IT Support Professional
This position is a Student Affairs IT Support Professional and serves as part of a specialized support team that performs analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of IT issues for standalone client workstations and virtual desktops. The position keeps current with changing system setups, configurations, customer service issues, trouble-shooting analysis techniques, processes and resolutions. This position will also provide proactive management of department devices utilizing tools such as the Jamf mobile device management platform and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM). This position interacts with customers on a periodic basis at the location of the customer and provides a high level of customer service through timely and professional interaction, in addition to providing customer education and recommending best practices for computer use. This position will be required to operate a University vehicle to provide support at the customer site as well as to deliver and install computers, printers and other IT equipment. The candidate must have a valid Colorado Driver's license.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Student Affairs Information Technology (SAIT) provides technology leadership and support to the Division of Student Affairs. Our deep knowledge and understanding of our students and staff needs, coupled with our technical expertise, makes SAIT a trusted partner, committed to an excellent student experience. Our dedication, responsiveness and commitment equip us to meet our customers’ evolving demands as we work closely to serve students.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide an expert level of support for Windows OS and VMWare VDI workstations deployed across Student Affairs. Coordinate continued maintenance and provides ongoing installations and configurations of client workstations.
- Work alongside several teammates in a collaborative environment to diagnose, solve, repair and maintain computer equipment, mobile devices, and peripherals for Student Affairs departments.
- Ensure settings and functionality of all installations and configurations are accurate following industry standard methodologies.
- Deploy software according to system configurations, managing drive mappings, data security, system functionality, and configuration settings determined by organizational policies and processes for the department and by system staff engineers and administrators.
- Must provide excellent customer service in the delivery of technology services and track service using tools such as JIRA Service Desk, Confluence and Bomgar.
- This position requires a valid Colorado driver's license to operate University vehicles while supporting Student Affairs customers across campus.
- Regular contact with users by phone, walk-a-rounds, e-mails and ticket system.
- Has set support hours of ticketing queue coverage as a part of these duties.
Computer and Device Management
- Responsible for the management and oversight of 100 to 200 computer systems.
- Perform imaging, application deployment and patching via campus-approved tools such as MECM images laptops, desktops and specialty computers.
- Coordinate packaging and deployment of Student Affairs applications as necessary.
- Manage Student Affairs department iOS devices utilizing Mobile Device Management platform such as Jamf.
- Assist customers with hardware and software issues with iOS devices.
- Work closely with main campus OIT in the management and utilization of campus tools.
Training and Projects
- Attend all professional internal and external meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Work independently with campus entities in meetings and collaboration efforts within broad guidelines from the department IT and professional specifications.
- Expand technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies, systems, applications, procedures, and tools and shares the knowledge with the Desktop Support team.
- Meet with Student Affairs coworkers to keep current with changing system setups, configurations, customer service issues, and troubleshooting techniques.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Produce and build reports and summary documentation.
- Create and update documentation for internal and customer-facing Knowledgebases.
- Provide up-to-date written documentation for training and configurations.
- Report progress of projects and current operations of work requests.
- Monitor current automated reports of client workstation status, configurations, software installations, equipment inventories, and virus and security alerts.
- Communicate verbally, and in writing, project status and operational changes to managers, directors, and staff as appropriate.
- Review processes and recommend any operational improvements to the processes.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $41,000 - $50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Inventive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an information technology-related or business field Substitution: Experience in an information technology-related field may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience supporting IT users in a large corporate environment, over 250 users.
- One-year experience with supporting equipment in a VDI environment, virtual desktops and Microsoft OS and mobile device applications.
- Candidates must possess a current, valid driver’s license.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience managing and supporting zero clients and virtual desktop using VMware VDI.
- Experience using enterprise-level remote access support tools such as BeyondTrust/Bomgar.
- Experience managing Group Policy and AD account administration.
- Experience using system administration tools for imaging and deploying software like MECM.
- Experience supporting cell phones and mobile devices with iOS in remote management tools such as Jamf.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 13, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder