School of Social Work - 31520
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The School of Social Work ( SSW ) is dedicated to the development of excellent social workers through in-depth education, professional partnerships, applied research, regional engagement, and community outreach and impact. Our School prepares our students to help individuals, families, and groups discover and build upon their own strengths and external resources to meet the challenges of poverty, discrimination, health and mental health issues, and other difficult life situations. UNCW social work graduates work in social service, health, and mental health agencies in Southeastern North Carolina, throughout the state, and across the country. The School of Social Work is located in McNeill Hall, a state-of-the-art facility that includes offices, classrooms, a large lecture hall, computer laboratories, a Student Learning Commons and Success Center, and a state-of-the art Simulation Learning Center. Through the use of simulation, we strive to create a realistic environment and a powerful learning experience that promotes cognitive, affective, physical, and social development for Social Work students, while incorporating interprofessional collaborative experiences with students across the other degree programs in the College.
The SSW offers both the BSW and MSW programs from the strengths perspective, with emphasis on practice labs, small classes, and specially reinforced field instruction. The MSW program has a clinical concentration, specialized coursework in solution-focused, cognitive-behavioral, and motivational theories.
We are proud to offer the following programs:
• Bachelor in Social Work – full-time programs on the main campus in Wilmington and at the Onslow Extension Site in Jacksonville
• Master in Social Work – full-time, part-time, and Advanced Standing programs in Wilmington
• Child Welfare Collaborative
• School Social Work Licensure
• LCAS Credentialing – four courses towards LCAS credentialing in substance use disorders and addictions
CHHS - Dean's Office - 31500 College
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Administrative Associate serves as the face for the School of Social Work, and provides program administrative support to the School Director, the graduate and undergraduate programs, and the substance abuse certificate program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Provides general administrative support:
• Communicates information to students, staff, faculty, and off-campus constituents in a highly visible office
• Calendar management, drafting/editing/distributing communications
• Managing all social media for the school
• Maintaining all office supplies and inventory
• Answering, screening, and directing all incoming phone calls
• Preparing reports utilizing data management systems
• Researching information for reports and data needs
• Supervises student workers
• Assists with coordination and organization of accreditation activities and program reviews
• Assists faculty with student overrides and other tasks utilizing the ERP and LMS
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
• A Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Business Administration
• Experience with providing administrative support or office management
• Ability to learn and quickly utilize new software programs
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• A high-level of attention to detail
• Excellent organization and customer service skills
• Experience supervising students or other entry-level employees
• A general understanding of the degree programs in the School of Social Work
Required Certifications or licensure
$31,200 - $35,000
1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
Special Notes to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE : This posting will close at 11:59PM on the posted closing date. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. UNC Wilmington participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
External Link to Posting
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Social Work & Human Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington