Adjunct Instructor - Finance (Main Campus – St. Louis, MO)
Job Summary/Basic Function
In keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville University actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses in various delivery formats.
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to teach Finance undergraduate courses. This posting is intended to build upon our pool of qualified adjunct faculty who teach within the finance discipline, however, we also have a course in the Fall 2021 semester that may need to be staffed by an adjunct instructor. The course will be conducted face-to-face on our main campus:
Monday’s and Wednesday’s, 12:30-1:45pm
8/23/2021 – 12/12/2021
This is an advanced course in financial management of corporations. Topics include valuation techniques, risk and capital budgeting, capital markets, investment banking, long-term debt and lease financing, common and preferred stock financing, dividend policy and retained earnings, and international financial management. Emphasis will be put on current events in finance and the relationship between finance and the economy.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere.
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Prepare essential lesson plans, and assignments. Develop course syllabus.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines, using available technology with Canvas.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
• Establish office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties, as assigned, will vary based on course(s) taught.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Finance or closely related field.
• Relevant certifications pertaining to the Finance field (CFP, CFA, etc.).
• Willingness and ability to learn new academic technology and engaged pedagogy to facilitate student learning.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Finance from a regionally accredited institution in Finance or related field.
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 01, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Economics Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur