ASO Director, Career Services
Serve as a key point of contact for our graduate business students,
in providing one-on-one career planning and coaching. This will
include, but is not limited to, resume and cover letter critiquing,
mock interviews, career goal assessment, professional development,
job search strategy, lead generation, and offer negotiation
Assist in strategy creation and provide support to both the Events
and Corporate Relations functions, by supporting operations of
strategic, career-related events and identifying new companies of
interest and expanding existing relationships with explicit goal of
increasing job opportunities for Warrington College of Business
Create and deliver career development workshops/seminars for both
large and small groups of students, and support events such as
career fairs, advisory board meetings and professional development
events for current students and alumni.
Maintain updated records of meetings with graduate business
students and alumni, including tracking of key performance metrics
(e.g., interviews conducted, jobs secured, average salaries)
related to the students’ career development activities. This also
includes ensuring employment data is captured in Career Services
Office files for reporting purposes.
Maintain updated records of corporate relations meetings, liaising
with employer relations team.
Special projects as assigned
Commensurate with education/experience.
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant
experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six
years of relevant experience.
- The successful candidate is required to possess seven (7)-plus
years of professional work experience, preferably in a corporate
and/or academic setting. The ideal candidate will have professional
work experience in functional areas such as corporate recruiting,
human resources, talent acquisition, training and development,
university career services to name a few. An MBA or other advanced
business degree is preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer focus (ability to listen attentively to
students and recruiters and to understand and respond positively to
their requests) is required
- Strong project management skills, ability to multitask in a
fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- An entrepreneurial orientation, proven track record of taking
initiative and making things happen (i.e. self-starter)
- Excellent resume, interviewing and job search skills
- Highly proficient with web-based resources, spreadsheet and
presentation software required (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Strong understanding of business degree career paths and
management level career issues along with in-depth understanding of
the college recruiting employment market and corporate hiring
- Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibility to respond
to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Strong organizational work skills, defining tasks, prioritizing
assignments, and following through on all projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and emotional
- Evidence of being relationship-driven with the proven ability
to establish rapport with students, faculty, and recruiters.
- Must be able to develop effective presentations and speak
confidently to large audiences.
- Track record of successfully collaborating with a wide range of
- Strategic-thinker that has solved complex problems and enacted
positive change in a large organization.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume and three professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: