Assistant Director of Residence Life
Dakota State University is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Residence Life. This is a full-time position with primary responsibility for residential programming, housing management, and staff selection, training, and evaluation. The Assistant Director of Residence Life must be detail-oriented, highly collaborative, and have strong interpersonal skills.
The duties associated with this position include, but
are not limited to:
• Provide leadership in the development of residential education and programming
• Provide leadership support for Residence Hall Director staff to establish, implement, and evaluate community development initiatives
• Development and planning of all educational training and in-service sessions for the Residence Hall Directors and RA student staff
• Manage and facilitate the RA application and selection process
• Serve as the administrator on-call for the Residence Hall Director on duty
• Collaborate with the Director and Senior Secretary to establish housing management processes based on living/learning goals, available room allocations, and retention strategy
• Oversee the academic year and summer housing assignment process
• Work with students involved in the ESA approval process and service on the Housing Accommodation Committee
• Monitor and coordinate procedures to effectively manage department budget
• Collaborate with the Director to establish departmental strategic plan initiatives
• Network and collaborate with other on-campus and off-campus departments and individuals in an effort to achieve departmental goals
• Ensure timely and complete response to student, parent, and family concerns and interact collaboratively and positively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and campus visitors
• Assist the Director in providing administrative leadership support for the Student Union
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Student Development, Student Affairs, Counseling, Educational Administration, or related field is preferred.
2. Experience in a higher education setting with a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of progressively related experience in residence life and housing is strongly preferred.
DSU only accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, resume and supporting references to include addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to recruitment, hiring, and retention of underrepresented groups.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.