Assistant Director of Outreach and Special Programs
University Code 35913 University Title Administrator 3, Student Services University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Assistant Director of Outreach and Special Programs Position Number 592370 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Brandcenter Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Brandcenter at VCU, a two-year, full-time master’s program focused on developing the best creative problem-solvers in the world of brands, seeks a highly motivated Assistant Director of Outreach and Special Programs (“Assistant Director”). This position reports to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions (“Admissions Director”) and works in collaboration with the other members of the admissions team. This position is primarily responsible for recruitment of the full-time Brandcenter legacy program, recruitment of a future online master’s program, and management of the BCX executive education program.
The Assistant Director works in coordination with the Admissions Director to determine outreach and conduct travel to achieve programmatic, admissions, recruitment, and marketing goals for the Brandcenter. This position coordinates all operational aspects of BCX courses and events, manages promotion, recruitment, communications, and program logistics, and is responsible for efficient, cost-effective program administration with the goal of providing extraordinary client service. This position maintains a close working relationship with prospects/clients—namely, instructors, custom program contacts, feeder school contacts, prospective students, and BCX program participants.
Key skills: relationship building, understanding/knowledge of the creative industry, strategic planning and development, relationship building, recruitment, marketing and sales, data analysis, and project management.
- Help execute and implement strategies related to Brandcenter’s pipeline and active recruitment of quality candidates coming into and out of our programs.
- Interface with prospective or registered students regarding Brandcenter programs, BCX programs, and related support.
- Develop and facilitate small-group presentations in order to generate interest in programs as well as convert interested prospects/clients to registered/applied.
- Act as a representative of the Brandcenter to domestic and global business communities. This position may include travel for recruitment, special promotions, events, and event management.
- Research, identify, and facilitate partnership opportunities for recruitment, development, individual or custom courses, etc.
- Develop and analyze, in coordination with the Director of Admissions and Communications Manager, the effectiveness of external communications and best practices with regard to drip marketing campaigns to attract and convert prospective students.
- Suggest and implement improvements to our processes to help refine Brandcenter’s efficiency and effectiveness within Brandcenter Admissions and across departments.
- Identify and implement new ways to source potential prospects or prospect pools, attract applicants, and yield positive results, expanding Brandcenter’s domestic and international reach.
- In coordination with the Admissions Director, analyze data to predict and identify trends to inform programming decisions.
- Continuously evaluate educational opportunities for working professionals, developing learning modules, and identifying SMEs to instruct and build courses and contribute to proposals as needed for individual and custom programs.
- Network with, solicit, or coordinate requests from companies and agencies who are looking for custom executive education program(s) for their employees, leaders, teams.
- Assist in developing and executing programs and related support for BCX instructors and program participants.
- Work with the internal finance team to manage budget, monitor program finances, and client billing related to BCX . Monitor associated costs for program offerings; organize and compile all related financial & budgetary information.
- Organize and execute special program deliverables.
- Improve existing operational plans for enhanced program delivery.
- When appropriate, promote programming events and services through cross-selling initiatives.
- Participate as needed in special projects.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant work experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with 2-3 years’ experience coordinating conference or management training programs preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to be a creative, collaborative problem solver.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and mature judgment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to plan, organize, and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to integrate ideas and concepts.
- Highly developed organizational skills, and strict attention to details.
- Friendly, flexible, service-oriented manner.
- Proven ability to respond positively to extreme pressures of time and workload.
- Proven ability in public speaking.
- Ability and willingness to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends as needed and serve as essential staff in emergencies.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and suggest/provide solutions.
- Computer skills and systems knowledge required.
- Be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Be able to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours or as needed
- Experience working in a diverse work environment or willingness to do so as a VCU employee
- Master’s degree or graduate coursework.
- Four to five years of business and/or administrative experience in a customer relations capacity.
- Knowledge/experience of the creative advertising industry.
- One year working with enterprise technology solutions such as Salesforce, Slate, Event Registration tools, Learning Management Systems (e.g., NovoEd, Canvas), or Customer Relationship Management systems.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond