Sr. Administrative Assistant
Posting Number S01403 Position Title Sr. Administrative Assistant Internal Position Title Senior Administrative Assistant Department Student Recruitment and Onboarding Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
Under the administrative supervision of the Director of Student Recruitment and Onboarding, the Senior Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative assistance for Student Recruitment & Onboarding. Also works well with other clerical staff and College and career Navigators; and exercises discretion in the handling of confidential matters.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A high school diploma, or equivalent.
2. Microsoft experience: Strong Excel, Power Point and Word skills. Proficient in Share point, One Drive, Zoom platform, and MS Teams.
3. Excellent organizational skills. Familiar with document imaging.
4. Must be able to interact with all levels of faculty, staff, and students.
5. Must be proficient in database software.
1. Associate’s degree in Office Management or coursework in office systems, business, or related field.
2. Knowledge of student database systems.
3. Excellent oral/written communication skills.
4. Ability to multi-task.
5. Desire to work in a high energy fast pace environment.
6. Computer savvy.
7. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 06/01/2021 Closing Date 06/15/2021 Expected Start Date 06/14/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $18.59/HR Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Outlook Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations & Processes: 70%
1. Provide daily administrative and technical support to the Director, Student Recruitment & Onboarding
2. Assist in the marketing of programs,
3. Assist with development of fliers, posters and PowerPoint presentations, coordination of content on the CLC website
4. Coordinate room reservations, van reservations, and catering for related events as needed at the guidance of the Director.
5. Assist with student programming efforts, workshops and other special events.
6. Attend, participate and take minutes for the CCN Staff meetings.
7. Assist with preparation and organization of onboarding manual and guide
8. Assist with check in and processing of new students, as needed.
9. Assist in the logistical support of SR & OB lead navigators.
10. Assist in the maintenance of PeopleSoft records for students.
11. Follow up with students regarding payments, application issues, and other deadlines surrounding documents, etc.
12. Aid the director with budget preparation, estimation, rationalization, tracking and implementation
13. Process all necessary payments coming out of the SR & OB Department
14. Assist in the marketing of programs and events in collaboration with Public Relations for print publications, e-mails, and webpages
Student/Customer Service: 20%
1. Provide front desk coverage to screen and assist visitors to the Student Recruitment and Onboarding.
2. Assist in responding to prospective student inquiries via email and walk/in.
3. Monitor SR & OB general email account and follow up as needed.
4. Supervise front-desk student worker coverage/customer service training.
Data entry and Reporting: 10%
1. Budget Ordering and Reporting.
2. Enter data as needed and create reports to reflect data as needed.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have strong Microsoft experience in: Excel, Power
Point and Word skills, and proficient in Share point, One Drive,
Zoom platform, and MS Teams
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree in Office Management or
coursework in office systems, business, or related field?
- * Do you have knowledge of student database systems?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake