Adjunct Lecturer - CNA Certification
St. Catherine Universityand theNursing
Departmentinvite applications for severalAdjunct
Facultypositions for our combinedCertified Nursing Assistant
(CNA) and Basic Life Support for
Healthcare Providers (BLS) Certificate
St. Catherine University nursing faculty educate students to develop the knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism they will need to be compassionate and successful nurses and leaders. Our nursing programs and curricula are delivered in an environment that embraces multicultural and social justice perspectives, relationships, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the liberal arts. We offer nursing degrees at every level and we offer a broad array of courses including clinical experiences. We search for excellent nurse educators in a variety of learning formats and with experience in different specializations.
We are excited to launch this new program designed to allow students to efficiently and economically earn theCNAcertification andAHAcard! These training programs will be from the beginning of August through September 1st during business hours, 8:00am – 5:00pm. They will require 40-45 hours every two weeks to teach the skills lab and clinicals. These two-weekCNAcourses are facilitated back to back, therefore, it will be 80-90 hours for the month.
- Deliver course content that is based upon the Minnesota State
long term care nursing assistant curriculum via lectures, skills
demonstrations, simulation, class discussion, and virtual
- Lead lab instruction that promotes educational and learning
processes that foster the development of Certified Nursing
- Model procedures for safe, effective, and efficient use of the
lab space, equipment, and supplies.
- Promote a positive atmosphere to facilitate optimal learning
within the classroom, lab, and clinical setting.
- Assess and evaluate student success through monitoring learner
performance and skills testing.
- Collaborate with other faculty, staff, and learners to
implement and evaluate learning activities that meet student
learning outcomes goals.
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic
relationships with students as an educator, an advisor, and a
- Ensure that program meets all professional and compliance documentation.
Model and teach the following:
- Caring for older adults and their physical, emotional, social,
mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
- Giving high quality patient-centered care and services to
residents including feeding, dressing, hygiene, and
- Ensuring safety and helping residents to attain their highest level of functional capabilities in an environment that promotes caring, respect, and value of the individual.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/ weekend/ online formats.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing
- Unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state of
- Two years of experience as a registered nurse
- One year of experience providing long term care services to
clients from a variety of cultural perspectives as a licensed nurse
- Experience in facilitating curriculum for adult learners
- Experience in simulation methodology
- Experience working with learners in a skills lab environment
We seek creative, adaptable faculty and staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Sherry Hemauer email@example.com.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted until the
positions are filled. The ad will close on June 25, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *Do you have a current, unencumbered
license as a registered nurse in Minnesota?
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, please list the degree or certification and the area of
(Open Ended Question)
- How many years of experience do you have as a practicing
Registered Nurse (RN)?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years or more
- *How many years of experience do you
have as a licensed nurse (LPN or RN) in a long-term care setting?
- None to some
- One year
- Two years
- Three years
- Four years or more
- *Our adjunct positions may involve
instruction in acute care settings or settings that have
immunization requirements. Should you be selected for one of these
positions, are you willing to meet all immunization requirements?
- *Please verify that you are able to
teach for 20+ hours each week during business hours in the month of
- Yes, I am available all weeks in August.
- I am available some of the weeks in August but not all.
- I am not available to teach 20+ hours each week in August.
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter