Facilities Assistant, Campus Recreation Administration
Campus Recreation Administration invites applications for a Facilities Assistant to join their team on campus. This position performs beginning to intermediate routine custodial duties, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, trash removal, and sanitizing; and performs general maintenance, including, but not limited to: changing light bulbs and filters and supplying paper products and soap.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures, and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, listening, and oral communication skills
- Ability to be organized and effectively manage time
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, up to 50 Lbs. Floor to 60 inches, up to 35 Lbs. Floor to overhead, up to 5 Lbs sustained, with both hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 35 Lbs for 50 feet. (Carrying buffer up stairs, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning equipment 25 Lbs, handling janitor’s cart 5 Lbs).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 30 Lbs sustained at waist level (60 Lbs optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5 Lbs in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling).
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50 Lbs).
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment .
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and one (1) year of janitorial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Position Number: 085390
Department: Campus Recreation
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Night Shift 8:00 pm to 4:30 pm, 12 months/year. Position requires an alternative work schedule.
Salary: $13.686/hr .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular