Campus Recreation Administration
invites applications for a
to join their team on campus. This
position performs beginning to intermediate routine custodial
duties, including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping,
vacuuming, scrubbing, trash removal, and sanitizing; and performs
general maintenance, including, but not limited to: changing light
bulbs and filters and supplying paper products and soap.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; create and
maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to read instructions, safety information,
policies and procedures, and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, listening, and oral communication
- Ability to be organized and effectively manage time
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and
perform the primary functions of the position with or without
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, up to 50 Lbs. Floor to 60 inches,
up to 35 Lbs. Floor to overhead, up to 5 Lbs sustained, with both
hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 35 Lbs for 50 feet.
(Carrying buffer up stairs, 70 Lbs optional.)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning
equipment 25 Lbs, handling janitor’s cart 5 Lbs).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and
pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and
equipment): 30 Lbs sustained at waist level (60 Lbs optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing,
crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead
with 5 Lbs in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting,
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip
positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and one (1) year of janitorial experience
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five priorities for action
: Place student
success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation
in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of
“mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly
tell the UM story.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the
Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most
beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around
recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture
community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth
in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers
eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively
separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs
and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the
State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Position Number: 085390
Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Night
Shift 8:00 pm to 4:30 am, 12 months/year. Position requires an
alternative work schedule.
Salary: $13.686/hr .
Six months minimum
Benefits Include :
Insurance package, mandatory
retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of
Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for
this position will be subject to criminal background
investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference
accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with
disabilities. For example, this material is available in
alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
state law. References:
References not listed on the
application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to
the applicant. Testing:
Individual hiring departments at UM
may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to
essential job functions. Employment Eligibility:
Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility
verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally
required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Review and screening of applications
is ongoing. Position is open until filled and still accepting
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’
will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open
until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and
experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or
“Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work
- Professional References – names and contact information
for three (3) professional references
Montana, United States