Posting Number: SRGV5091
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan to maintain and grow referrals from providers and/or physician practices to UTHealth RGV. Develops and execute initiatives related to increasing loyalty and preference to the UTHealth RGV practice plan among internal and external provider referral sources.
Description of Duties:
• Acts as key resource to promote patient volume at UTHealth RGV clinical sites in accordance with priorities set forth in the UTHealth RGV strategic plan.
• Leads initiatives to build volume and favorable provider perceptions among internal and external referral streams and provides expert advice to other stakeholders.
• Designs and implements business plans to maintain and grow referrals to the organization.
• Works collaboratively with the clinical practice leadership, chairs, and others to gather feedback/research and executes communication strategies to increase provider referral sources to send to patients to UTHealth RGV clinics.
• Develops strong business relationships with local community organizations and business to increase their advocacy of UTHealth RGV clinics.
• Identifies new growth opportunities to increase patient referrals from existing providers and secures new business from non-referring physicians, and proactively addresses retention needs.
• Works collaboratively with other system functions that interact with physician offices, including hospital affiliates, referral, provider recruitment, provider resources, etc.
• Establishes and maintains ongoing communications with referring providers and/or their office staff, including routine or follow-up visits, emails, and phone calls.
• Educates referring physicians on new programs and services offered at UTHealth RGV.
• Using research-based methods, proposes, implements and evaluates strategies to build awareness and trust between UTHealth RGV practice plan and applicable referral sources.
• Identifies and develops tactics to promote provider interaction and engagement including site visits, staff meetings, social events, grand rounds, referral dinners, CMEs, and other communication methods and ensures that the return justifies the investment.
• Gathers and interprets the data necessary to determine priority areas for growing referrals to the UTHealth RGV practice plan.
• Develops and submits metrics and updates to UTHealth RGV leadership, such as quantifying outreach efforts, key issues, concerns, and opportunities.
• Measures and evaluates liaison activities including producing and sharing regular summaries of patient visits and their outcomes as well as their impact on referral trends.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, or Healthcare from an accredited university.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
Four (4) years of extensive public facing focus experience, including experience working with physicians/providers, medical practice office staff, or other medical specialties required or
Three (3) years of the required experience with a Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Experience in healthcare marketing.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/28/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28538