Posting Number: SRGV5085
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Office of Strategic Enrollment and Student Affairs
Scope of Job:
To administer scholarship programs by managing the daily functions required of specific scholarship programs, including the awarding and disbursing of scholarships for selected students quality control, fund utilization, and other program implementation. Responsible for decision making processes requiring initiative and judgment in responding to individual needs of students and for the administration of various scholarship programs, as well as for the development of information and reports as required by these programs.
Description of Duties:
• Manages standards of quality control for scholarship programs.
• Interprets and implements criteria set forth by the institution, donors, and outside agencies.
• Reconciles scholarship program activity with Financial Aid Accounting and Grants and Contracts Office.
• Resolves disbursement problems in a timely manner.
• Executes and reviews reports and data for internal and external reporting and performs statistical analyses.
• Manages scholarship allocations in the awarding and disbursing process.
• Indentifies program issues and works with management to resolve them.
• Supervises temporary and student employees in the administration of program(s).
• Represents office at meetings, seminars and/or conferences and performs frequent liaison activity with outside agencies.
• Counsels scholarship students and makes decisions regarding awards.
• Plans, designs and conducts workshops/presentations to encourage students to seek and apply for scholarships.
• Serves as liaison between the Scholarship Office and other campus departments, as well as other non-institutional agencies or institutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Related work experience can be substituted for education on a 2-for-1 basis.
Two (2) years work experience in a closely related field to the duties being performed.
Work experience in Financial aid.
Proficient in MS Office products and ability to learn other software programs.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Good, standard office environment.
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent organizational skills. Ability to respond effectively in a variety of situations, multi-task, and demonstrate computational ability. Must work effectively in team situations and be detail oriented. Flexibility to work some evenings and/or weekends and some traveling may be required. The following may be required depending on assignment: Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties. Attend scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies. Exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/26/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28505