LEARNING SPECIALIST I
Number of Vacancies:
RCV College of Business and
Scope of Job:
Manages the day to day operation of the assigned tutorial center,
including all staffing needs and tutors students.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible to management of assigned temporary staff, including
supervision, hiring, scheduling, and evaluation.
• Tutors individuals or small groups and identifies and develops
• Conducts trainings for part-time staff on an established
• Coordinates daily center procedures and materials for student
• Conducts orientations and workshops to advertise center to campus
community, and other entities.
• Creates or selects tutorial center materials for employee and
• Meets with faculty and staff members to advertise tutorial center
• Designs brochures and print materials to advertise center in
physical and digital environments.
• Prepares departmental reports for director and faculty.
• Opens and closes assigned tutorial center.
• Attends departmental and university-wide meetings.
• Coordinates university community outreach activities related to
concentration area and orientations in collaboration with other
staff members and faculty members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned temporary support staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university related to the
assigned tutorial center.
One (1) year of experience working with academically underprepared
students or performing tasks related to the duties stated.
Experience in teaching and supervision.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties.
May be required to work night and/ or weekends. Some travel might
be required. May manage and/or supervise staff, labs, programs, or
activities on multiple locations. Organizational abilities to
manage diverse and simultaneous projects. Excellent interpersonal
and communication skills. Ability to generate and develop learning
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission. The
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to
discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date
of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three
(3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at
(956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28496