CASE AIDE (Obstetrics
CASE AIDE (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Posting Number: SRGV5079
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Obstetrics and Gynecology
Scope of Job:
To provide community work services for clinic or neighborhood residents. Responsible for providing services related to routine and general problems that do not require a professional social worker.
Description of Duties:
• Designs and implements health promotion, health education, and community development projects.
• Organizes community development projects, develops and maintains volunteer networks.
• Responsible for the designs, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal control.
• Provides information/empowering community members to their own health needs.
• Performs one or a combination of the following duties: Accomplishes initial intake interviews with patients or their families. When appropriate, sets up schedules for clinic visits.
• Identifies immediate social, financial, educational or other family problems, referring those requiring professional attention to nurse practitioner.
• Assists in making patient referrals and follows up to determine whether patient’s needs have been resolved.
• Provides initial counseling to patients with respect to certain selected routine problem areas such as budget management, school absence, parent-child problems, health maintenance, availability of various clinic services and the use of other educational or welfare resources.
• Follows up on patients through home visits, correspondence, or by telephone concerning missed clinic appointments, particularly where there is a high medical risk involved.
• Assists patients in rescheduling and keeping new appointments.
• Completes forms and records; prepares chronological notes on each assigned project and completes daily and weekly activity and travel reports.
• Maintains necessary files and records.
• Provides follow up contact with selected families and agencies.
• Identifies neighborhood resources; organizes small groups for teaching, screening, etc.
• Communicates neighborhood need and issues to Nurse Practitioner.
• Participates in design, delivery and evaluation of special departmental or University programs and/or projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of work experience in a setting related to public contact, health care or social service. Must be bilingual with ability to read, write and speak both English/Spanish.
One (1) year experience in community health.
Familiar with MS Office applications, standard office equipment, binding machines, and Pitney Bowles labeler.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Occasional travel may be required.
Strong communication skills and good oral presentation skills. Reliable transportation. Ability to identify and define user task needs, to conduct short-range and long-range project planning studies, to develop reports, and to assign and/or supervise the work of others. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 06/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 03/31/2022
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28475