Posting Number: SRGV5075
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Weslaco, Texas
Department: RCV College of Business and Entrepreneurship / Center for Innovation Commercial
Scope of Job:
To assist in the operation of a program or multiple projects, exercising independent judgment and authority as required. Responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing of planning, implementing, marketing, and evaluating the different programs and projects to achieve project sustainability and success in accordance with defined target, strategies, and goals.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates program to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
• Manages the day-to-day activities of the assigned program.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from the program.
• Helps build positive relations within the team and external parties.
• Works with communications coordinator to manage the marketing and outreach of the program initiatives to the university and broader community.
• Participates in managing expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
• Works to keep programs or initiatives on schedule, within stated budgets and functioning smoothly.
• Participates in representation of CIC in official functions.
• Keeps updated records and creates reports or proposals as required for the projects or initiatives of the program.
• Seeks grant funding opportunities and assists in the preparation of grant proposals.
• May attend meetings, conferences, and seminars related to the program’s mission and goals.
• Facilitates educational workshops, meetings, networking events and conferences associated with the program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from department director or assigned supervisor.
Supervises all assigned professional and support personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with a Master’s degree, or
• Five (5) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
As specified for the particular job.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Normal office conditions. Some travel and weekend work may be required. Project or program will require ability to drive a car for local or distant travel for consultation, training, meetings, or on-site presentations. Must be proficient with word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint and able set up multimedia equipment. Will need to learn other software platforms used by the CIC.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students, and the public. Displays excellent networking abilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain strong working relations with internal and external agencies and entities. Independent decision making and problem-solving ability. Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant experience preferred.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/25/2021
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 12/31/2023
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28494